May 26th NYC Show

Rumor has it that Madonna was using the Hammerstein Ballroom downstairs. Not sure if she was rehearsing, recording or what.

Ah lame, sucks that they put a 'bigger' act in an empty room just to rehearse when theres a full audience of paying people to see a band. There would have been much more tickets to sell if they used Hammerstein too.

From where I was standing in the back the sound was VERY muddy for all of Enslaved and the first 2-3 Opeth tunes.

If you heard the Starland show, this one doesn't even come close to muddy. It was almost unbearable to listen to Enslaved at Starland, this show was a MUCH better improvement. I think I liked Hessian more here too because of the sound, I could actually hear all the instruments instead of them jumbled together.

Amazing performance, amazing setlist, and I was in an amazing spot directly in front of Mikael.

I also got a few responses out of him during his talking moments, which was fun.

Anyone catch him flipping someone off in the audience? It was me. =[

Nice pictures but... would it have killed the photographer to shoot Axe, Per and Mendez?

And the Enslaved bass player probabily is in the pictures because he sings, otherwise I bet he'd be as present as Mendez...

(why yes, I am a bass player. How could you tell? )

Yup, I agree. I made sure to get on Mendez's side last show and get some pictures of him, and to appreciate his amazing playing.

So last night in DC, Mikael said that they had screwed up Karma so bad in NY, and even worse, that it was his fault. He thought about never playing it again, but then he said:"You know what they say - if you fall of the bike, you get right back up and go at it again". And they played it, and it was great.

Did anyone notice anything? My guess is that it's only something that he would notice.

I think he missed the first line of the chorus, because I remember singing it and he was still playing, the part "You have nothing more to hide...", not sure though....

Did anyone hear the guy on the left balcony doing a death metal growl the entire time Mike was talking and during the mellow songs?

I spent the entire show standing about 20 feet from that guy. He really, really pissed me off with his burpgrowl. Fucken dick. Anyways, I waited around afterwards and met Mikael, both Martins, and Frederik.

lcfd2382f96004f38947b32.jpg

l1c6f3d23425248dca4aebf.jpg

Wow, that show looked amazing. I've read in other threads on here that they've messed up Karma a couple of times. Oh well.

Was this the last show in north america for this leg of the tour?

Also, I'm going to inquire about purchasing prints from the photographer. I've got my eye on this one
11.jpg