May US Tour?

^ True, even if they're finally having a U.S. tour as headliners, the whole advertisement for it has been very weird. It's not only what you mentioned, but also that they said that they'd have a encompassing setlist, i.e. they'd have of every album.

I guess they forgot The Mind's I and Skydancer.

It must be hard for the band to decide on the setlist, since they've released so many albums. But I'm sure most fans don't like that an entire album is left out. I don't.

Yes indeed! I also dont think they should've neglected Damage Done as much as they did. Cathode Ray Sunshine would standout so much within that setlist. Mono should've been played as well.

6 songs from WATV is a little much.

But i respect them for chosing this route. Because this is the most exposure they've had in America.

Yes indeed! I also dont think they should've neglected Damage Done as much as they did. Cathode Ray Sunshine would standout so much within that setlist. Mono should've been played as well.

6 songs from WATV is a little much.

But i respect them for chosing this route. Because this is the most exposure they've had in America.

Wow I didn't notice that so many songs were from WAtV! The setlist should be a tad more balanced.

I think that's one song the band has never played live, but that people want to see live the most.

DT played Damage Done the first time I saw them. It was in Chicago at Metro in 2007 I believe, it was about a week before Fiction came out. Mikael asked which title track the crowd wants them to play. One guy screamed out Damage Done, so they played it.

At the time I kind of forgot that The Gallery is also a title track, would they play it I wonder, since there's female vox on that one.

Wow I didn't notice that so many songs were from WAtV! The setlist should be a tad more balanced.

Yes it should, but i understand why they loaded up on songs from WATV. I'm quessing they must've sold at least 10 to 15 copies easily @ the Roch show. That adds up pretty damn quick, even if thats all they sell at every show.

Hopefully i'll catch them in between albums next time, maybe that'll merit more balance?

First headline tour, I understand completely in promoting the newest album. I know people would like more of the "classics" or favorites played but honestly, when does DT ever do a bad show? I enjoy the experience more than anything.

Can't believe they're not hitting Arizona on this tour. This is one of their biggest tours in the US ever, and they've always come here in the past. Shame!

That's quite alright though, saves me from putting up with Threat Signal and Mutiny Within.

I think that's one song the band has never played live, but that people want to see live the most.

actually they have, someone mentioned that its on the live damage, that doesnt really count in my opinion but i heard at least two other "real" liverecordings of damage one. Awesome ofcourse.

in two days I will be seeing one of the greatest bands ever, DT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the songs they chose to play of the new album but man we need some more projector, character and DD!!!!!! But beggars cant be choosers. Im so fucking stoked. I hope I get the chance to buy DT a round.

Anyone ever been to Reggies in Chicago? I just called and asked if I could bring my camocorder and they said sure. Im already loving this place.

DT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in two days I will be seeing one of the greatest bands ever, DT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the songs they chose to play of the new album but man we need some more projector, character and DD!!!!!! But beggars cant be choosers. Im so fucking stoked. I hope I get the chance to buy DT a round.

Anyone ever been to Reggies in Chicago? I just called and asked if I could bring my camocorder and they said sure. Im already loving this place.

DT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never been to Reggies, and was kind of hoping DT would play at House of Blues, but I guess it'll be cool to check out a new venue. Guess I'll bring my camera too!

Never been to Reggies, and was kind of hoping DT would play at House of Blues, but I guess it'll be cool to check out a new venue. Guess I'll bring my camera too!

I hate the House Of Blues, I was only there to see ATG. Parking is impossible, and I find it to be a really inconvenient location.

I always preferred going to The Rave in Milwaukee, if a band was playing both venues.

Reggies is a cool place in a complete shit neighborhood. There is a nice large pocket of Gangster Disciples just South of the venue. Tread lightly, especially if you're going to be taking the El.

Just wanted to say something about the set everyone is commenting on.

Yes its 6 songs from WATV and 4 from Fiction, and I know we all want to see more from damage done and character at least, but just wait.

When DT toured with killswitch 2 months ago it was all about getting some new fans in America. Now, although this is their first solo headline tour in America, you have to realize that they are still trying to win over newer fans and most bands see that as being playing new material, not the old stuff that is deep in the catalog that we (on this site) want to hear. They play all new stuff and then argueably their 5 most famous songs from past albums, which is perfect for getting new fans. Also it is the WATV tour so 6 songs from that album is going to happen no matter what since the stuff was never played before.

As sad as it is this is still a new band to most people in the US, but of course at the show Mikael said on stage that they will do some more tours then come right back to North America again. I asked Martin when this would be after the show, and as I suspected it will be sometime in winter after the Euro tour.

So this set is still good no matter what, but just wait till their second tour here for this album if you are waiting for them to pull out some rarer gems like damage done or the sun fired blanks. :cool:

See everyone at the Chicago show. I probably should have posted this a couple days ago, but oh well. I'm hard to miss: I'm 6'3", glasses, goatee, and a Laethora shirt :).

the minds i sux :heh: jk, was nice to meet you man. Im the bald fuck who talked about their catalog w/ ya outside.

Here is one of the vids I managed to get last night. FUCKING AMAZING SHOW. I could into why for about 3 days but I have to get ready for work.
[youtube]-qyaMMXLseM&hl[/youtube]
It was a honor to rock out with the mighty DT!!!!!!! Sum cool muthafuckers for sure.

Puke: Yeah it was good to meet ya too man. I did not agree with that Opeth shirt you had on though :p.

Suwat: The pleasure was all mine my good man.

Stizzle: You were a rather drunk talkative blond :p. My gf loved your hair and I hope ya got home safe man. Cheers!

The show was amazing. My favorite band of all time in a very small venue with me being front and center? I can now die a happy man. It really was everything I expected and then some: the show had so much energy, the crowd had so much energy, the band was in top form, and the place had $5 martinis.

You Europeans are a spolied lot having so much more access to DT then us here in the US :p. Thanks again DT for making a sodden fuck happy.

@Wolfman It was a pleasure to meet you last night brother.

@puke bucket great clips bro, can't wait till they come around again!

I know it's off topic but WTFFFFFFFFFF I thought you left Ultimate Metal a while ago. Nice to see you back, bro. :)

Anyway back on topic, :( there are no dates near me.