MaYan

Yeah. I wasn't really wow'd by their album, but I watched the show anyway. Very entertaining show. Also I love Floor, so that helped, lol.

I loved their set. My neck hurts from all the headbanging :devil:

Along with Mystic Phophecy they were the band I was most looking forward to seeing all weekend.

They killed it! Really, I think that whole block of bands -- Solution .45, Mystic Prophecy, and Mayan -- is the heaviest bunch of music the fest has ever seen, and I'm so glad they all seemed to go over well with a crowd that isn't known for tolerating death vocals. :)

I was already a huge fan of the CD. But, not only did their live performance exceed expectations (and those were high based on seeing Epica 5 times prior to PP XIII), but I rank this up with (but not exceeding) last year's Therion performance...IMHO... The four singer mix was awesome.

I was really impressed with how tight MaYaN was with 9 musicians especially for a band that doesn't tour much.

I loved the CD to start with so my expectations were high and they were far exceeded.

Really happy that Floor joined them, I've wanted to see her live for a long time (didn't know about ProgPower when After Forever came). Hopefully she will return with ReVamp soon.

I didn't know about this band but after seeing this show I'm a new fan. I loved how they entered the stage, the intro was awesome! I was impressed from the first moment I saw them. The vocals from all the singers were flawless, I especially loved floor Jansen's performance, she is soooo passionate and talented... a true inspiration.
I was watching them from far away when their set started, by the end of the first song I had squeezed myself all the way into the front of the stage. Unforgettable performance! I would buy a ticket to see them again in a heartbeat. :)

^
I really hope they tour the states sometime... and really looking forward to a new album. I have been cranking their CD to and from work :devil:

20120915-175620-ESA0890-XL.jpg

20120915-214122-ESA1211-XL.jpg

^
I really hope they tour the states sometime... and really looking forward to a new album. I have been cranking their CD to and from work :devil:

Absolutely! :)

I've been listening to them too. After the show, I have a Progpower playlist on iTunes. :D

By the way Pabla, I recognize you from your picture. I think I saw in the girl's bathroom after Solution .45! :)

@esa: awesome pictures!

Absolutely! :)

I've been listening to them too. After the show, I have a Progpower playlist on iTunes. :D

By the way Pabla, I recognize you from your picture. I think I saw in the girl's bathroom after Solution .45! :)

@esa: awesome pictures!

You probably did...too many liquids of the alcoholic kind throughout the weekend :kickass:

Thanks Esa...as always, awesome pics!

Now to wait for the new album :yow:

I'm not properly qualified to describe how good the MaYaN performance was. This was my first PPUSA and the whole thing was awesome but MaYaN stole the festival for me. The mixture of aggression, melody, technicality, and supreme musicianship made for one of the best sets I've ever seen. Ever. All the members were cool at the signing and meeting Floor was special since she's one of my favorite vocalists of all time. I'm already thinking I'll have to travel to Europe just to see MaYaN and Revamp.