Saturday
Above Symmetry
Lanfear
Amaranthe
Mystic Prophecy
Mayan
Pretty Maids (Finally!!!)
Symphony X (Headliner)

Headliners are outstanding , and that's usually what I base my decision to buy a ticket on.

Absolutely LOVE Amaranthe, favorite band of the festival. Is Above Symmetry the band formerly known as Aspera? If so, that's great too. Lanfear, Serenity, Sinbreed, and Redemption are cool as well. Been dying to see Pretty Maids.

Not familiar with Mayan, Primordial, Solution .45, or Kingcrow. A quick look at Metal Archives says three are extreme bands(?) and Kingcrow is prog.

My one bitch is that we seem to be transitioning from ProgPower to ProgDeath. Four bands with extreme vocals. I like it with Amaranthe because it’s not overdone, but isn’t that Mayan and Primordial’s primary way of singing? Ugh. And no big Euro power bands. But when the headliners and the prog bands are this good, can’t really complain too much. And we are getting 14 bands, so one way of looking at it is that for those of us who hate extreme metal, we still get 10 bands with only clean vocals. So maybe it’s more ProgPower deluxe edition. You can’t please everyone, but with 14 bands you can come awfully close.

I won’t even try to predict ticket sales for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.