ProgPower USA XIII 2012 Official Roster & dates (EXCLUSIVES added 4/17)

I'm definitely going to have to pack a lunch for next year! Not familiar with all of the bands, but based on what I heard in the video clips, I'm definitely interested in seeing at least some of every band. I think that's a first! I am SO jazzed about Solution .45 and Mayan!! :headbang:

Hey, Mr. Spring Chicken...why don't you come in on Wednesday next year and see if you can keep up with the *old* folks ALL weekend? :p

I would but Steve doesn't want to come in on Wednesday. Both his work and my work don't like it when we leave right at crunch time. :(

This grandpa needs to pace himself through all those bands! :lol:

P.S. Did you end up drinking that 5-hour energy can that you bummed off of Kim? :cool:

Yes, but the effects started to wear off well before the 5 hours were up. However, no energy drink needed during the Therion set. That kept me going for a LONG time!

Totally stoked about next year's lineup! Mystic Prophecy and Solution .45 are the two I am most looking forward to. I was familiar with every band except for Primordial and Pretty Maids so I really didn't need to get anything from the insider sale as I already had nearly everything. But I will dig deeper into Primordial and Pretty Maids in the near future.

I personally think this is one of if not the strongest lineup top to bottom in ProgPower history. I heard a few rumblings from people saying that this lineup is too safe, that Epica & Sym X tour all the time so why would I want to see them, etc, etc. But the fact of the matter is that Glenn does what he needs to do to sell tickets and at the same time keep the majority of the fanbase happy. I think he will/has succeeded in both.

Totally stoked about next year's lineup! Mystic Prophecy and Solution .45 are the two I am most looking forward to. I was familiar with every band except for Primordial and Pretty Maids so I really didn't need to get anything from the insider sale as I already had nearly everything. But I will dig deeper into Primordial and Pretty Maids in the near future.

I personally think this is one of if not the strongest lineup top to bottom in PropPower history. I heard a few rumblings from people saying that this lineup is too safe, that Epica & Sym X tour all the time so why would I want to see them, etc, etc. But the fact of the matter is that Glenn does what he needs to do to sell tickets and at the same time keep the majority of the fanbase happy. I think he will/has succeeded in both.

Funny thing about the headliners is that I rarely care about them. Glenn does such a fantastic job of finding bands that I'll fall in love with that I rarely care what overly puffed up bands are going to be playing well into the times I should be resting for my next batch of early facemelters.

This new roster is no exception. Can I just say again...HOLY SHIT SOLUTION .45!!! By then 8 month old child be damned, I'm coming to Atlanta in September!

Pretty Maids? Who in the hell are THEY??????? Oh yeah, they're the band that I've been waiting since ProgPower II for! It seems that I will be making my return to Atlanta just for them. Amaranthe is sheer bonus!

For anyone who cares, I've composed a Spotify Playlist of all available bands from the service with the newest releases from the bands who have a massive catalog.

spotify:user:nailz1000:playlist:4ctMwetWZM0fvWy0RvtdKN (copy, paste into spotify's search)

http://open.spotify.com/user/nailz1000/playlist/4ctMwetWZM0fvWy0RvtdKN

117 tracks and 9 hours. I know what I'm doing today.

I'll do the same for Rhapsody or at least list who's on it when I get a chance/am more awake.

Lest anyone think I am actually serious, I fully realize this is logistically impossible, but somehow I expect a number of people to suggest one band or the other, so I'll just put together the end-all, be-all co-headlining kick-off performance:

Ayreon - Avantasia co-headlining! :dopey:

The only way this would ever happen is someone from the Progpower family would have to win the lottery to foot the bill for this. The logistics would truly be a nightmare, but the thought of it happening would make me cream myself... lol \m/ \m/

There was once an episode of the A-team where a country club booked Cowboy George for a show but by mistake booked Boy George.

It would be pretty hilarious if a rapper accidentally got booked for PP.

For anyone who cares, I've composed a Spotify Playlist of all available bands from the service with the newest releases from the bands who have a massive catalog.

spotify:user:nailz1000:playlist:4ctMwetWZM0fvWy0RvtdKN (copy, paste into spotify's search)

http://open.spotify.com/user/nailz1000/playlist/4ctMwetWZM0fvWy0RvtdKN

117 tracks and 9 hours. I know what I'm doing today.

Dude that rules I am going to put this on tonight! Thanks!!!

edit: 9 hours... eugh maybe I won't do the WHOLE thing tonight hahaha!

Video suggestion for next year: It seems like it'd be easy enough to put the name of the song and the album at the bottom of each band's clip. That would help eliminate a lot of the "What song is that from" discussion that I heard on Saturday. Whaddya say?