ProgPower USA XIII 2012 Official Roster & dates (EXCLUSIVES added 4/17)

The video did indeed say Tues/Wed; however, Glenn accidently miscommunicated to Wayne Joyner, the video's designer. Next year will be like all others with Wed/Thurs.

Wed, Sept. 12 thru Sat, Sept. 15, 2012.

~Jen

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!OMG!!!!!!!!!!OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! MaYaN!!!!!!! Epica!!!!!!!!!! Serenity!!!!!!!!!! Amaranthe!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!! Thank you for supporting Femal Metal Musicians with this line up! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!! :*

Lanfear -- it's about time! :) Also excited to see Redemption on the list. Kingcrow, Mayan, and Solution .45 sound like some serious WIN. Looking forward to pretty much all the bands, especially the ones I don't know; there's a bumper crop of new blood coming in next year!

Two thumbs up here. Several I'm very excited to see, and some others that are unfamiliar, but sound really interesting.

For ProgPower XII there were several bands for which my instant reaction was "that'll be a good time to get dinner." Nothing against the schedule or bands...they just weren't my thing.

I think I'm gonna starve at XIII. :lol:

Seriously...even though I don't even know half the bands, most of them sounded interesting enough from the video that I'll at least want to catch *some* of their set. That hasn't happened in a while, so nice job on the lineup!!

Thanks!!!

Craig

Lest anyone think I am actually serious, I fully realize this is logistically impossible, but somehow I expect a number of people to suggest one band or the other, so I'll just put together the end-all, be-all co-headlining kick-off performance:

Ayreon - Avantasia co-headlining! :dopey:

If you pay for it, LOL!!!!!

I missed all but the last few of Redemption's songs when they were at PP8 because of a huge, hours-long traffic jam near the Alabama/Georgia state line. It'll be a great to have another chance to see them.

Like I said in another thread, Epica is why I came to ProgPower in the first place. It'll be great seeing them with two (three?) new albums under their belt.

Amaranthe was the only band I had guessed might be at the fest next year. So glad that I was right.

Living in the middle of nowhere (at least in terms of metal tours) like I do, I've never gotten to see Symphony X, so that's exciting as well.

Solution .45 has the former vocalist of Scar Symmetry? I'm interested. Serenity, MaYaN and Kingcrow also made an impression in the intro video. Lots of new music to check out in the next year, I suppose. Anyway, next year is shaping up to be pretty awesome.

Next year will be like all others with Wed/Thurs.

Wed, Sept. 12 thru Sat, Sept. 15, 2012.

~Jen

Hey Jen - Thanks for clarifying. If the festival *had* started on a Tuesday, I would have made every effort to be there...but I was seriously wondering how I would be able to swing the vacation time, budget, *and* stamina for a 5-day fest! :lol:

I just got Sinbreed on my Zune, and I changed my mind. For sure I'm going both days to progpower this year. Thank you guys for putting the dates up there too pp, and dc are weeks apart so that will work out well. Really excited for next year, and I can't wait to see what the weekday shows are going to be.

Sinbreed
Kingcrow
Serenity
Redemption
Epica
Above Symmetry
Lanfear :headbang: :kickass:
Mystic Prophecy
Pretty Maids
Symphony X (will FINALLY get to see them in concert!)

Yeah, looks like next year's lineup will destroy as well! Kudos yet again Glenn!

Have the dates for next year's festival been announced??? I could be blind, but I swear they weren't in the video.

<3 <3 <3 <3

Was it you sitting directly behind me who immediately recognized Primordial and Serenity when the video started (by the pictures)? I remember hearing a "very-excited" voice directly behind me upon seeing them. Oh yeah, and screaming the lungs out at the Epica announcement... :lol:

Was it you sitting directly behind me who immediately recognized Primordial and Serenity when the video started (by the pictures)? I remember hearing a "very-excited" voice directly behind me upon seeing them. Oh yeah, and screaming the lungs out at the Epica announcement... :lol:

Yes. Sorry. :lol:

Are you saying you're OLD now, Kimberly? :lol:

Gotta keep up with us younger folks!

Hey, Mr. Spring Chicken...why don't you come in on Wednesday next year and see if you can keep up with the *old* folks ALL weekend? :p

P.S. Did you end up drinking that 5-hour energy can that you bummed off of Kim? :cool:

Oh yeah, and screaming the lungs out at the Epica announcement... :lol:

Funny about the Epica announcement...I've never been that in to them because I wasn't a fan of the vocals. But holy crap, Simone sounded great on the clip that was played on the video. Less "opera", more balls. I actually spent much of Saturday asking around as to whether Epica had a new singer. :lol: