ProgPower USA XIII 2012 Official Roster & dates (EXCLUSIVES added 4/17)

Stoked about friday night :D I was excited that I actually knew majority of the bands on friday night, the only one I was unfamiliar with was Solution .45. Primordial, Redemption, and Epica are gonna slay me especially Redemption. I've always wanted to see them after having to just watch Live In Atlanta

Saturday however, I'm either not too into the bands or didn't know about them. Pretty maids will be interesting depending on their set list for me. Symphony X - already saw them in june - will they be doing a lot of stuff from the new album most likely? Also, Glenn please tell me they can't use their sound guys!

This lineup is half and half for me. But there's no way I can lose - plenty of time to eat and shop in the vendor area when the bands I'm not wild about are going on. It's win-win! :)

Both Headliners = OMGOMGOMG. :)

I'm wondering how the Kingcrow setlist will turn out. With tons of material and an early time slot, I'm curious how much will be from their latest album. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll have forgotten how to play all their earlier stuff.

So glad MaYaN was booked. The return of the un-corrupted symphonic (death) metal.

Very strong lineup. Now if only they could book Disillusion for Thursday night!!

I'm wondering how the Kingcrow setlist will turn out. With tons of material and an early time slot, I'm curious how much will be from their latest album. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll have forgotten how to play all their earlier stuff.

So glad MaYaN was booked. The return of the un-corrupted symphonic (death) metal.

Very strong lineup. Now if only they could book Disillusion for Thursday night!!

I'm guessing it will be very heavy on Phlegethon with a little Timetropia thrown in. The Insider and their debut disk aren't as strong.

REDEMPTION and SYMPHONY X...feel like it's Christmas *and* my birthday!!!

On the additional shows, I thought the announcement read Tuesday/Wednesday. Did I read that wrong? Of course, I'm old, and it was past my bedtime. :lol:

VERY MUCH looking forward to:
Primordial, Symphony X, Mayan (just moved up. Now that I've heard a few more of their tracks I'm getting pretty well pumped.)

Looking forward to, but not really excited about:
Sinbreed, Mystic Prophecy, Above Symmetry (oddly enough. They've been growing on me.) Redemption

Neutral (some of my favorite acts, I've been neutral about in the past.)
Kingcrow, Serenity, Epica, Lanfear

Not really looking forward to:
Pretty Maids

Avoid like the Plague
Solution .45, Amaranthine.

Overall pretty damn good!

Btw, our photo for the Ultimate Metal forum poster (by AMBR) was a huge hint for the 2012 theme.. ;)

~Jen

I'm surprised to not see Powerwolf announced, but I have to say there are no "weak links" in this lineup for me!

~Brian~

Honestly me too, apparently they are doing really well nowadays. Graveyard is another one I was expecting. But I totally agree that the lineup rules for next year.

Btw, our photo for the Ultimate Metal forum poster (by AMBR) was a huge hint for the 2012 theme.. ;)

~Jen

Speaking of which

- i will be the short guy in glasses w/ sandles wearing a solid blue shirt w/ 17th street written on it (surf shop in VA beach). I'll be on the left side seats towards the front after Haken (if possible, if not up towards the bleachers)

MILTON & EVERYBODY ELSE REVEAL YOURSELVES! I should be easy to spot lol I've only met/talked too Justin G, Tribunal/Matt (?), Lady Su, and Jen/miel and unofficially jem..can't remember your full username.. dude who was directly behind me during vanden plas/evergrey

I don't have a smart phone so I can't check anything aside from facebook mobile via sms.

On the additional shows, I thought the announcement read Tuesday/Wednesday. Did I read that wrong? Of course, I'm old, and it was past my bedtime. :lol:
I could've sworn it said Tues/Wed and as I was walking out, someone said they read the same thing - either it did say Tues/Wed, or several people independently misread it the same way.

Saturday only for me,just like this year (sat). But that's ok it will be a kickass day. Mystic Prophecy, Symphony X, Lanfear, and most of all Pretty Maids really great day. Friday for me Serenity only not enough for the 2 day.