ProgPower USA XIII 2012 Official Roster & dates (EXCLUSIVES added 4/17)

Video suggestion for next year: It seems like it'd be easy enough to put the name of the song and the album at the bottom of each band's clip. That would help eliminate a lot of the "What song is that from" discussion that I heard on Saturday. Whaddya say?

Also, it might be time to look into doing a streaming broadcast rather than a DVD. My frist thought was "why are they not doing this from a computer?"

And then I realized I was a nerd. Thank the gods for backup DVDs!

Just as an FYI..it was not the dvd. It was the dvd player that took a shit.

We are indeed looking at playing directly from a computer next year to prevent the issue.

If anyone's interested, in the original post, I added the countries each band's from and also which will be USA debuts.

~Jen

Friday:

Sinbreed (Germany) +
Kingcrow (Italy) +
Solution .45 (Sweden & Finland) +
Serenity (Austria) +
Primordial (Ireland)
Redemption (USA)
Epica (The Netherlands & Belgium)

Saturday:

Above Symmetry (Norway) +
Lanfear (Germany) +
Amaranthe (Sweden) +
Mystic Prophecy (Germany) +
Mayan - with special guests (The Netherlands & Belgium) +
Pretty Maids (Denmark)
Symphony X (USA)

Special announcement coming January 2012 regarding Wednesday/Thursday nights!

Dates: Wednesday, September 12 - Saturday, September 15, 2012

~Jen

My homework for XIII is going to less demanding than for XII; I have the complete catalogues for Above Symmetry, Kingcrow, Redemption and SymX already. I'm excited to see these bands live, but I am equally pumped about discovering the music of some of the other artists. As I found out this year, learning an unfamiliar band's material can be incredibly rewarding!

I haven't been to a ProgPower fest since VII but this lineup is easily the most intriguing lineup in a while. It's not that I haven't wanted to come, I had tickets for VIII but got extremely ill to the point I was hospitalized for a week. And with the economy like it's been the last 3 or 4 years, I've had to adjust my expenses acordingly, meaning anything that is not ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY had to be trimmed. But with the inclusion of Epica, SX, Above Symmetry, Serenity, Lanfear (never ever thought they would ever get to play in the US), Pretty Maids (FINALLY!) and the band I'm most excited to see, SOLUTION .45, all my efforts are now focused on returning. I read some of the posts saying you're going to avoid S45 like the plague, but they will will be stunner shockers much like Raintime, Into Eternity and Mercenary were in their debuts.

I read some of the posts saying you're going to avoid S45 like the plague, but they will will be stunner shockers much like Raintime, Into Eternity and Mercenary were in their debuts.

I understand some people will never like Death Vocals mixed in to their music, and that's fine, but statements like "avoid like the plague" are just derogatory and unnecessary. It's not like the band did you some kind of personal wrong. Show a little fucking respect to these people and what they do. Fuck.

/rant.

My homework for XIII is going to less demanding than for XII; I have the complete catalogues for Above Symmetry, Kingcrow, Redemption and SymX already. I'm excited to see these bands live, but I am equally pumped about discovering the music of some of the other artists. As I found out this year, learning an unfamiliar band's material can be incredibly rewarding!

I suggest you look into Primordial ASAP!!!

The following bands' sets will be USA Exclusives in 2012:

Pretty Maids
Mayan
Serenity
Mystic Prophecy
Solution .45
Kingcrow
Lanfear
Above Symmetry

Friday:

Epica (The Netherlands & Belgium)
Redemption (USA)
Primordial (Ireland)
Serenity (Austria) + *
Amaranthe (Sweden) + *
Kingcrow (Italy) + *
Sinbreed (Germany) +

Saturday:

Symphony X (USA)
Pretty Maids (Denmark) *
Mayan - with special guests (The Netherlands & Belgium) + *
Solution .45 (Sweden & Finland) + *
Lanfear (Germany) + *
Mystic Prophecy (Germany) + *
Above Symmetry (Norway) + *

+ USA debut
* USA exclusive

~Jen

No one band I'm super excited to see but as a whole a good worth seeing line up. Didn't realize Epica was big enough to be a headliner. Not into that style except for Tarja era Nightwish. New fan of Above Symmetry, really liking what I'm hearing from them. Amaranthe is only band I really don't like. Should be good times again at PPUSA!

Interesting that Sinbreed and Amaranthe are not US exclusives.

At this time, Amaranthe and Sinbreed have not confirmed that their PPUSA XIII sets will be USA exclusives for 2012.

~Jen

The following bands' sets will be USA Exclusives in 2012:

Pretty Maids
Mayan
Serenity
Mystic Prophecy
Solution .45
Kingcrow
Lanfear
Above Symmetry

There were rumors that Pretty Maids could do a couple shows in Canada while they were in North America in September. You mention "USA exclusive", not "North America exclusive" so are there are still possibilities for Canada or it will be PPUSA exclusive?

I'm thinking of attending PP for the very first time to see Pretty Maids, but being able to see them again a second time at home would be killer.

There were rumors that Pretty Maids could do a couple shows in Canada while they were in North America in September. You mention "USA exclusive", not "North America exclusive" so are there are still possibilities for Canada or it will be PPUSA exclusive?

I'm thinking of attending PP for the very first time to see Pretty Maids, but being able to see them again a second time at home would be killer.

Answered you on the facebook thread.

Interesting that Sinbreed and Amaranthe are not US exclusives.

Jake and Elize love Disneyworld too much not to at least TRY to get to Orlando, or somewhere in central Florida to make an excuse to play with the Mice.

Or, you know, that's MY theory.