maybe crazy idea but ?

saxon747rock

Oct 19, 2003
york
Visit site
Would it be good and would it be possible if say for example saxon wrote 20 songs for the new album and 11 of the songs where going to be put on the finished record.

But first the 20 songs got put onto the website say a minute or minute and a half of each song like a snippet and the fans of the forum got to vote which of the 11 out the 20 got put on the finished album. Then everybody of the forum got there name on the album as a credit towards picking the final songs what ya think saxon and fans.

Craig fae Glasgow said:
Writing more songs than you need for an album is rarely a good idea.

It all went tits-up for Metallica when they started that game.

You not wrong mate!!!

It might seem like a good idea in theory, but i guess when its done in practice all the ideas are spread too thin across too many songs..

Paxoman said:
It's quite a good idea mate. But it ain't gonna happen!

You are spot on Pax, the questions to the band thread didn't work did it?

And to be honest if I was in a band, much as I would respect the opinion of "the fan" surely artistic integrity and all that, would ensure I put the songs I like all the album !

Great idea but...........I don't Saxon are bothered by this forum.I hope i am wrong but it's just a feeling i get.If you look at other web sites you get that kind of thing quite often.
I think Saxon are one of the best metal bands in the world but besides great albums and lives shows they don't do that much for the hardcore.
I just sometimes get pissed off.We use this forum for the simple reason we love the band.Now i don't go to the gigs that often.So it's a big deal for me to go to gigs outside my home town but for Saxon I don't mind.I am going to Rock City on me jack and looking forward to meeting people like Pax and Fingers,I won't get home till 2ih and i will be up at 5.I don't know what i supposed to expect but sometimes i feel we the people of the forum don't get much feed back from the band.I am not dissing anyone or the band.I have been a fan since 81ish.I hope no one takes this the wrong way.

I agree with you Wilks - like Fingers said on a previous thread - what happened with all those questions we posted for the band many moons ago?! Jack shit, that's what happened!

I guess that was before my time sammi, but at least we have a really cool and friendly community of people here who all love the Saxon and we have all been brought together by Saxon and this forum, that is a truely great thing in itself, im not saying i dont understand where you guys are coming from though...

Basically, what happened Valanx, is that the folk on here were complaining a bit about the lack of input from the band, compared to other bands websites, where those bands did actually read and contribute to their message boards, and actually kept the fans up-to-date with what was going on etc... (can't remember how it came about or who came up with the idea)...so someone suggested that we could post questions for the band to answer, then they would get printed off, given to the band, who would then answer the questions, and the answers would get posted on this message board...needless to say, nothing happened :( That is what Fingers was talking about in the other thread.

But I do agree with you that, if nothing else, this board does have a lot of nice folk on it, with a good sense of humour, a love of music in general, but more importantly, a love of Saxon :) Speaking for myself and Paxoman, there is nowhere we wouldn't travel to in order to see Saxon - home or abroad :) Ok...maybe not Iraq! :lol:

Thanks for putting me in the picture sam! I suppose it was like when we did that messages for biff thread. Still hoping for some feedback on that one!

I must admit i admire yours and paxos dedication to the mighty Saxon but really...You cant be a true fan unless your willing to see them rock Iraq !
:headbang:

My wife is in full Korn obsession mode (has been for a while, all that angst you see!) but i have never given up trying to convert her to the Saxon faith...I have heard her sing along sometimes......i know i have....i have!!! lol

valanx said:
I must admit i admire yours and paxos dedication to the mighty Saxon but really...You cant be a true fan unless your willing to see them rock Iraq !
:headbang:

but i have never given up trying to convert her to the Saxon faith...I have heard her sing along sometimes......i know i have....i have!!! lol

Ok, you've got a point...if the boys ever play in Iraq, I'll consider going... :D

You keep believing it Valanx...I'm sure deep down, she loves Biff and the boys just as much as we do :) Or maybe not! lol

Sammi951 said:
Ok, you've got a point...if the boys ever play in Iraq, I'll consider going... :D

I bought two tickets for Saxon at Bagdad Arena darling. Should I send them back????????

I gotta agree with Fingers and Wilks. Nothing happened about the questions (which was originally posted by Vince if I remember correctly). And the band hardly ever put any imput into their own official website. That is a tad bizarre if you ask me! Just as well we are all hardcore!

CRUSADER747 said:
There's a message on www.saxon747.com from Biff, saying thank you for the messages, and then he writes about what happened during the fire e.t.c

Cool Update, thanks for informing me Crusader! Had'nt checked the site for ages!!