new idea to go on saxons next dvd maybe?

saxon747rock

Oct 19, 2003
york
Visit site
Just an idea to go on saxon next dvd, Maybe to have paul and doug in the studio or wherever going through a truck load of saxon riffs on guitar that would be good. What do you think, or maybe you peeps have some ideas that would be good to put on saxons next dvd.

I agree it would be cool to hear what the other guys have to say!
and i like the sound of saxon747rock's idea!

I'd like to see more of their own tour footage like in the Chronicles dvd some of that stuff was pretty cool and quite funny as well! But it was too short.

The coolest thing would be some kind of multi-angle feature on a concert, that would be just great!

cant remember the date but sometimes in the 80s saxon did a concert at the hammersmith odeon the concert was recorded i think saxon where with EMI at the time, ive seen a very short clip of it think it was on that prog called top ten british heavy metal bands and on that clip was a good sweeping camera angle shot from high up. so yeah a cocert with multi angle shots would be really good. Its a pitty the concert was never released on dvd Im hopeing one day saxon will put the full concert out on dvd, even though it has got them no hopers on it dawson and oliver, cause obv biff and paul are on there think nigel was behind the kit but cant remember. But would be good for the fans if they released it.

Paxoman said:
I've got this dvd, but with a different cover. It is the anniversary gig that is also out on cd.

Quite right! i forgot to mention its the 10 year anniversary gig ! did'nt know this was available on cd though, can't say ive ever seen it! (or maybe i just mistook it for a compilation!) whats the cd called paxoman??

It is out under different titles Valanx. My version is Live In Nottingham, under the Rock Legends tag. I think it was originally released as 10 Years Of Denim And Leather.

You have to be careful with these things, because there are so many different Saxon releases out that are actually all the same thing.

Paxoman said:
......there are so many different Saxon releases out that are actually the all the same thing.

Indeed !

Ive never seen or heard of "Live in Nottingham" but "10 Years Of Denim And Leather" sounds familiar. Il have to keep an eye open for that! Thanks for the info !

heavycelli said:
"Greatest hits live" its called on my cd

Thanks! il have to get this CD no matter what name its under!

Ive got more of an idea of what 'Names' to look out for now! i really cant be arsed ripping the audio from all the dvds which was my original plan, but guess i will have to with 'Chronicles' and 'Live Innocence' those are not available on any cd im thinking ? Never seen anything to that effect anyway!

Pax is right I have the classic rock version on DVD and the VHS version and it's titled live at Nottingham but when the openig credits roll it says 10yrs of Denim and Leather, funny thing about the DVD and VHS is in the DVD they bleep out Biffs cuss words and in the VHS they are not, I guess at the time of it's release they did not deem it inappropriate language :lol::lol:

RicknRoll said:
Pax is right I have the classic rock version on DVD and the VHS version and it's titled live at Nottingham but when the openig credits roll it says 10yrs of Denim and Leather, funny thing about the DVD and VHS is in the DVD they bleep out Biffs cuss words and in the VHS they are not, I guess at the time of it's release they did not deem it inappropriate language :lol::lol:

Yeah Rick, the cd has the exact same bleeps. The cd was obviously taken from the audio on the dvd! The original release was indeed Greatest hits live, for the life of me I couldn't think what it was called yesterday! That'll be my age!

When i watched the DVD i thought maybe the bleeps were maybe because the concert may have been shown on TV (Back in the day when they used to show concerts late at night) :Spin:

It was shown on TV in the UK, in the very early 90's. Think the title of the show was Mike Mansfield presents. I'm not sure if he directed that Nottingham show, but there was a little bit on him talking about the other Saxon single video's he had directed. I still cringe when I remember him refering to Biff as "Biff Biffod".

Id like to see saxons road crew setting up the gear one concert where they would have the eagle there, I no it was done on the 1983 vidio when saxon filmed a concert at nottingham but there was only slight bits of it. Then have some footage of saxon doing there sound check.