Maybe moving to a new home soon

jangoux

May 9, 2006
So, after my house got broken into last year, me and my wife never felt completely in peace. I've had all sorts of nightmares, we always feel the house is gonna be open without all our stuff when we go out and leave the house alone, we never feel completely safe leaving the kids with a baby sitter..well, you got the idea.

To make a long story short, after my wife's father passed away last november, he left some of houses/apartments he bought on his hard working life for rental to the family. My wife's aunt in taking control of it and she just told my wife an apartment is gonna be emptied by wednesday. An apartment is a WAY SAFER place to leave here in Brazil. Besides, the place is a lot closer to many facilities, like super market, bus stops, a beautiful park to go out with the kids, drug stores. Also, we'd have a place to park our car (I leave it on the street right now, and on some days I have frogs, fucking FROGS, those tiny ones, over my car).

Besides, my wife's aunt offered me for rent a one dorm apartment to build my stuff - no drum tracking for sure - but I'd have a space to store my stuff, to work, to play. It would be an awesome opportunity having this two steps from home (yes, it is exactly at the front of the apartment we'd live).

The thing is...me and my wife we were talking about this yesterday and we stopped talking because tears were developing :lol: We spent the last two years doing EVERYTHING, spending most of our money, to make this place the perfect place for us. The house looked like shit when we moved in. Some parts of it did not even have proper floors, just cement. We put floors on those places, we rebuilt the laundry from the ground up, we also rebuilt the whole kitchen (it looks amazing by now), the bathrooms, we changed the door...well, expensive stuff for any hard working brazilian citizens. My wife also would have to get rid of most of her plants - she love's em - There is this 'Açaí' tree that is already almost 10 feet tall that looks fucking great and some other stuff that has a lot of story and feelings behind.

I think we'll probably move, but leaving all your hard work, your history, your memories behind because some mother fuckers broken into your house is tough, really tough. I move out of my parents' 5 years ago, then moved out of our first apartment a year later, and it never felt complicated.

Pics following soon.

The pics:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Our lovely kitchen.

Zoe's wall - a wall we left so Zoe can do his art lol (it is serious)

The laundry we rebuilt. It was ALL CEMENT/SAND. It was disgusting to walk there before.

The rest of the laundry, the plants and the tree (and our clothes eheh).

Our place to watch TV, get food, etc.

A closer look at the tree and plants.

The purple walls, at the other side of the living/dinner room. I love those colors.

How we lived after last year's robbery. I could've bought two expensive guitars with the money I spent on those. Family security matters more than anything.

Ahahahah the place we and Zoe share at the moment. We call it 'the yellow room'. It used to be Zoe's bedroom, but after Alice was born, we put them together on the same bedroom and this became a 'toys room' and them 'toys and production room' and now well..it is a mess eheh I need to take some of my personal clients to this place and it sometimes is embarrassing. But I love it.

My cab, my homebrew amp, the guitars, and Zoe's motorcycle (or whatever it is named in english language)

A picture for you guys ahhaah Zoe and Alice together. Zoe is already walking, btw. She's limping a little bit, there's a very small difference between the legs now (less than a inch, it was more than 2 inches before), but she's doing therapy and walking better week after week. She still can't jump/run tho' to avoid injuring the ligaments.

They're a messy couple.

One more.

The place we spent the most time, our bedroom (my wife would kill me if she saw a pic with the bedroom so messy).

Zoe showing everything is fine eheh

I HAD to show you guys this..this was over our wedding cake heeh I was hairy and fat back then ahah Btw, the lotion is not for fapping purposes :p