Had my first gig in 2 years and...

jangoux

May 9, 2006
It was fun. However...

A few hours before, my wife crashed the car she bought one day before. We spent the whole day finding someone to service her and the other car she hit and i didnt have lunch (and didnt have breakfast) until 6pm. The total bill will be more than a month of work to me...Then we had to pay a baby hotel to take care of our daughter because my mother has the swine flu and my wife's family couldnt help us. At the soundcheck, my guitar started sounding weak and since i didnt have time to go to my parent's house and get my SG, i gambled and tried to play with it...results ? My guitar stopped on the second song :lol: It looks both my 9v batteries died on the middle of the gig. And I was thinking "Hey, what a cool tone i achieved with those EMGs! Very balsy and defined!" :lol:

To make things worse, it was a battle of bands thing..the prize would be to play on a big festival on our city. We got an average score of 6.7 out of 10, below a lot of bands that we were "ouch, that's crap!".

And while i dont have the same excitement i had before, it was fun, refreshing. But it's very hard not to think on leaving my daughter at home or whatever place we leave her...