My wife may be pregnant

Pain is not felt for quite some time, a bias is shown quite clearly in the statement 'unborn human' and the use of 'executed', and Peter Singer is a useless wanker of catastrophic skullfuckitude.

Jeff

Pain is not felt for quite some time, a bias is shown quite clearly in the statement 'unborn human' and the use of 'executed', and Peter Singer is a useless wanker of catastrophic skullfuckitude.

Jeff

I don't know if Singer is a wanker cause I don't know him personally. All I know is that his conclusions are all logical and in themselves always consistent.

Some of his thoughts might be unworkably with our fucked-up society but he certainly holds the cleanest ethical view on life you can have, taking all the moral factors into account. Besides, he's far away from being useless, I take it you haven't read his books :)

His conclusions would be fine if preference utilitarianism weren't itself utter rubbish. I've read some of his work, and that's exactly why I dislike it - utilitarianism mixes a wonderful lack of objectivity (leading to inherent inconsistency) with the assumption that something not measurable can be 'maximized' in some meaningful sense.

Jeff

Jeff

No, the use of this words was used provokatively to let the discussion roll on better. I´m not bias about it, I´m unknowing and hence objectively. This theme could concern each of us, who are in a relationship, so that´s a pretty interesting theme.

It may not be a bad thing inherently, but it's a bias if I ever heard one because it's at least tenuously making those assumptions. I'm sure you can still be objective, but I don't like loaded terms like that.

Jeff

His conclusions would be fine if preference utilitarianism weren't itself utter rubbish. I've read some of his work, and that's exactly why I dislike it - utilitarianism mixes a wonderful lack of objectivity (leading to inherent inconsistency) with the assumption that something not measurable can be 'maximized' in some meaningful sense.

Jeff

He's trying to maximize satisfaction and trying to minimize suffering. That's the whole point.

It may not be a bad thing inherently, but it's a bias if I ever heard one because it's at least tenuously making those assumptions. I'm sure you can still be objective, but I don't like loaded terms like that.

Jeff

Okay accepted, man. My fundus of english words is scanty as well, so my expressive form could be cumbersome a bit :) "Execution" is a bit harsh, i´ve to admit ;) anyway...back to topic.

Ich hab geschrieben "Deine Sätze klingen sehr wie Google Übersetzungen" und Google übersetzte warum auch immer "Sätze" mit "records". Also ich fand's witzig ;)

Okay..in gewisser Weise ist das tatsächlich witzig. Hätte man aber auch so verstehen können, daß du meine Aufnahmen mit dem "crappy google translator" vergleichst. Da Dem möglicherweise nicht so ist, würde ich vorschlagen, den Mantel der Gleichgültigkeit darüber und...

...Back to topic :)

vasectomy is your friend....yep it fuckn feels like you've been kicked in the nuts for a couple of days, but do it - if you want it reversed you've got 8 years to make that choice

I had mine 9 years ago and it felt like they were using my ball sack for a pin cushion, but never looked back since, 3 kids and I'm done - no condoms, no more kids and I can happily lose a load in the mrs without a problem