My wife may be pregnant

jangoux

May 9, 2006
And dont say congrats o_O

Well, she took that next day pill like one month and sometime ago and now she´s late 1 week. Our daughter was generated this way - she took the next day pill and it didnt work. She talked about it today and now my stomach is all weird and i am really nervous. I´d love another kid but not now - our relationship hasnt been the most stable, we are struggling to have money to pay the bills and happyness has been a rare thing in our life. Our daughter also may have hip surgery soon to correct a ´flaw´ she was born and stay in casts (ankles to belly) for two months, so that´d be kinda of a problem. Tomorrow we´ll do one of those pregnancy tests and see what happens. :ill:

wow dude, my thoughts are with you.
good luck with that and keep us posted :/

best wishes!

And dont say congrats o_O

Well, she took that next day pill like one month and sometime ago and now she´s late 1 week. Our daughter was generated this way - she took the next day pill and it didnt work. She talked about it today and now my stomach is all weird and i am really nervous. I´d love another kid but not now - our relationship hasnt been the most stable, we are struggling to have money to pay the bills and happyness has been a rare thing in our life. Our daughter also may have hip surgery soon to correct a ´flaw´ she was born and stay in casts (ankles to belly) for two months, so that´d be kinda of a problem. Tomorrow we´ll do one of those pregnancy tests and see what happens. :ill:

Congrats! :kickass:

FACEPALM :lol: Good luck Ivan, hope it all works out! :(

She's late one week? That happens a lot, it's usually nothing to worry about.
Stress very often can make a woman skip a few weeks even a few months - and it does sound like you guys are stressed.

Definitely do that test asap, or both of you will be worrying, better to know. Good luck!

The thing is, the last times she was late, both she was pregnant ehhe The first, we lost, the second is my almost-2yo daughter. She´s feeling stomach sick (or whatever its said when women want to vomit when they´re pregnant..or when someone takes too much booze ehe) today, she´s feeling very tired just like the last pregnancy, sleeping absurdly a lot, and i REALLY REALLY REALLY hope this is stress. I´d love to have a 2nd kid but maybe in 2, 3 years. Then i´ll be 30, i´ll have some money in the bank and (hopefully) there will be less things to worry about. The pregnancy test is ordered and in a few minutes the delivery should be here, so tomorrow morning we´ll have the answer.

Better dead, than growing up in a complicated situation? Let´s discuss.

I don´t know much about abortion..does the unborn human feel some pain, when he or she will be executed (strong word, I know)?

The thing is, the last times she was late, both she was pregnant ehhe The first, we lost, the second is my almost-2yo daughter. She´s feeling stomach sick (or whatever its said when women want to vomit when they´re pregnant..or when someone takes too much booze ehe) today, she´s feeling very tired just like the last pregnancy, sleeping absurdly a lot, and i REALLY REALLY REALLY hope this is stress. I´d love to have a 2nd kid but maybe in 2, 3 years. Then i´ll be 30, i´ll have some money in the bank and (hopefully) there will be less things to worry about. The pregnancy test is ordered and in a few minutes the delivery should be here, so tomorrow morning we´ll have the answer.

To me this sounds like PLACEBO

SHE´S NOT PREGNANT! WOOOHOOOOO!! She´s still late but the test shows negative :) I am so relieved but on the other side, i remembered how her last pregnancy was and really missed it hehe

Btw, i am totally against abortion. To be completely honest, we had to do an abortion on the first pregnancy. We were gonna have the baby but some relatives did some kind of terrorism to us that we saw no other option. We were 20, job-less and since we had no support we ended up doing it. I was fine with that ´til my wife went into the abortion room thing. It was the worst day of my life, and I spent like 3 months feeling really bad for that. Some years later, i still feel bad and if anyone asks me, i am always against it. Talk about regreting..

Better dead, than growing up in a complicated situation? Let´s discuss.

I don´t know much about abortion..does the unborn human feel some pain, when he or she will be executed (strong word, I know)?

There's no clear line you can cut, afaik they do not feel any pain that is evidential. I think the best ethical solution is to let the parents decide. If they wish to keep the child, so be it. If they wish to abort it at an early stage and they have given some thought to this decision it is fine also.

Peter Singer said:
Those who wish to deny the foetus a right to life may be on stronger ground if they challenge the first, rather than the second, premiss of the argument set out above. To describe a being as 'human' is to use a term that straddles two distinct notions: membership of the species Homo sapiens, and being a person, in the sense of a rational or self-conscious being. If 'human' is taken as equivalent to 'person', the second premiss of the argument, which asserts that the foetus is a human being, is clearly false; for one cannot plausibly argue that a foetus is either rational or self-conscious. If, on the other hand, 'human' is taken to mean no more than 'member of the species Homo sapiens', then it needs to be shown why mere membership of a given biological species should be a sufficient basis for a right to life. Rather, the defender of abortion may wish to argue, we should look at the foetus for what it is - the actual characteristics it possesses - and value its life accordingly.