Mbox/pro tools VERY annoying noise problem

madbutcher

May 23, 2005
St Louis
www.harkonin.com
Whenever I have a session open in PT, I get a high pitched constant annoying ringing sound. The noise does not transfer to bounces though, I tried bouncing 10 seconds of everything muted but the noise isn't in the bounce. I can also notice a very small mechanic sounding noise if my Mbox is just connected and I click and drag something without PT even being open, but the high pitched ringing isn't there unless PT is open. I had it a little since I bought the Mbox (used) but it seems like the level of the annoying sound is increasing.
Has anyone ever seen this? My Mbox just dieing out maybe? :cry:

Original Mbox. Changing USB cable did help, then I changed what USB port on my PC I ws plugging it into, helped even more. Mechanical noise is almost gone, no big deal now. The ringing sound has dropped to about 3/4 of the level it was before. While playing with it, I noticed USB stuff not even going to the Mbox caused some noise, so I'm going to switch to PS/2 mouse and keyboard and strip everything that isn't to a hub that I will disconnect when using pro tools, then also switch to recording on an internal drive, so only USB I have running will be to the Mbox.
Thanks for the help!:headbang: