Meaning of "Sun Caged"

I came up with the name in 1998.
After watching too much Discovery Channel, I had this brain storm about how the human race tries to control nature and the earth. And how, if we could, we would probably control the sun as well. Unlikely, but humanity's need for control is what inspired me. Controlling the sun is unimaginable. It's a metaphor for humanity's greed and urge for control. The actual moment I came up with it was when I was driving my car and I heard the words "caged" and "sun" in a song. I thought it was a song by Simply Red, but I can't find these two words in any Simply Red lyrics.... So I'm not sure what song it was.

d.

--
http://www.dennisleeflang.com

That's a great concept! Thanks for explaining this. I always thought that the mistake that the human race makes is to think of itself as a separate entity from nature - a nature which it thinks it can control and manipulate for its selfish needs - when in fact we are part of nature and subject to its laws. The less we struggle to break away and accept that we are part of nature and respect nature, then the more in harmony we will be and stop most if not all the sufferings we have inflicted on our planet since we man first set foot on this Mother Earth.