• Fast Lane
  • Black Swan
  • Wrecker
  • Millennium Of The Blind
  • Deadly Nightshade
Cover:

mega13cover-300x300.jpg

November 1st Roadrunner Records

i saw the tracklisting earlier. not too excited now. 3 old tunes reworked and 2 songs already released on video games. that leaves 8 songs that haven't been out in some form already. i have a feeling this is the last megadeth album. after the letdown that was ENDGAME and now this i probably won't buy another megadeth album after 13 anyways unless its old demo's or something

I'll take the other side: I quite enjoyed Endgame. The new song sounds awesome (you can hear it on the front page of megadeth.com - it's hidden in the player at the top).

The only re-recorded song I actually know by them is Black Swan, and a re-recorded version would be cool, even though I think the original sounded great. Looking forward to it. I've heard New World Order and if memory serves me correctly, it could desperately use an updating.

I'll take the other side: I quite enjoyed Endgame. The new song sounds awesome (you can hear it on the front page of megadeth.com - it's hidden in the player at the top).

The only re-recorded song I actually know by them is Black Swan, and a re-recorded version would be cool, even though I think the original sounded great. Looking forward to it. I've heard New World Order and if memory serves me correctly, it could desperately use an updating.

Millennium Of The Blind is also an old tune

Endgame was no Rust in Peace, but it was a good enough album. Dave will keep cranking 'em out & I'll keep buying 'em.

Millennium Of The Blind is also an old tune

Those a re probably songs from the albums I didn't liked, So actually there are new to me, and who knows maybe re-recorded work fine for me.

Like Brandon, I enjoyed "Endgame" a lot and thus I do expect a good follower.

Wasn't too happy with Endgame, hopefully this will be better. Now with Ellefson back that ought to help quite a bit, all the albums without him just haven't been Megadeth to me... But at least I know the old tunes are good so it can't go completely wrong.

The album finally leaked and I must say that even if the guitar work (specially on solos) shine throughout the album, the songs are mostly boring and feel like recycled.

Except 'Black Swan' which is very catchy and a couple of other rockers (like 'Public Enemy No 1', 'Never Dead' and 'Fast Lane') the albums feels tedious and uninspired.

I've had enough of classic bands coming with subpar material, considering that a lot of new bands old-schooled rooted are making great stuff.

I'm gonna save my money this time like I did with Risk/TWNAH/TSHF.

After one listen, it's good, nothing to write home about though. I'll still pick it up when it comes out Nov. 1. Here are my thoughts:

- Like the remixed version of Sudden Death. Sounds a bit heavier and tighter than the game version I already had.
- Public Enemy is still one of my favorite 'Deth tunes of recent years.
- I don't know why they re-recorded Black Swan when it was done by Sneap a few years ago and already sounded great (I prefer that version).
- We the People... more political rants over music. Tired of it, it made Endgame a weaker album because of it.
- Fast Lane is cool. Very reminiscent of Countdown to Extinction. Will be a great tune live.
- Production's good, though not quite as good as End Game, not far off.

I suppose if you liked End Game you'll like this. A decent effort, but it seems to be lacking the "pizazz" that United had.

I suppose if you liked End Game you'll like this.

Actually not.

I already ranted here (an in you FB post :p), and I agree with Krigloch.

What really amazes me is how you defend a bad album when you own surpass this by light-years :headbang:

What really amazes me is how you defend a bad album when your own surpass this by light-years :headbang:

I appreciate the compliment, but I quite like this. It's more memorable than End Game. I listened to that album 20 times and I still can't tell you what half of the songs are called. These songs are more distinct.

This album feels more like a continuation of Countdown to Extinction.

Spin magazine's Jon Young commented on several of the album's tracks, saying that "Public Enemy No. 1" and "Guns, Drugs & Money" were "deceptively melodic hard rock not far from Alice Cooper's early classics

Maybe that's why these are two of my favorite tracks from the record? :)