megadeth fans, do me a favor.

Man, you owe it to yourself to buy the new version. Trust me, the difference is incredible.

While I'm not gonna sit here and type out his liner notes in their entirety, the jist of it is Scott saying how much he respects Dave Mustaine as a person and musician, and that of the debut albums by the "big four" (Metallica, Anthrax, Slayer, & Megadeth), KIMB is his favorite.

No offense steve..... but quit being such a cheap ass. Just drop the $15.oo and support good old dave. I'm sure you have blown fifteen bucks on worst things. It is definately worth it.:D

Steve, here it is in it's entirity. Enjoy!

Comrades,

I've always considered Dave Mustaine to be the "inventor of Thrash/Speed Metal". Now I know that's a bold statement to start with and doesn't leave me much room to go anywhere but down. Not so. In the tradition of such luminaries as Edison, Tesla (not the band), and George Washington Carver, Dave Mustaine created something that has touched and influenced millions of lives. Granted "Thrash/Speed Metal" may not be as important as say, the light bulb, but just the same, someone had to invent it. I'm not going to go into the whole history of Dave and Metallica, etc. It's been well documented a zillion times over. And although it sounds like it, it's not going to be some big ass-kiss fest brought to you by "The Mutual Admiration Society." It's about respect. We respect eachother as people and artists. And I gotta say I was fuckin' stoked that he asked me to do this. Ya know why? Because I love this record. To be able to go back to those heady days of '83-'84 when hair was long, jeans were tight, sneakers were big, riffs were fast, and drinks were many. What a time.

Four debut records by the bandsthat would become known as the 'N.W.O.A.H.M.' (New Wave of American Heavy Metal), or 'The Big Four'. Metallica with Kill 'Em All. Slayer with Show No Mercy, Anthrax with Fistful of Metal, and my favorite, Megadeth with Killing Is My Business...And Business Is Good!

I remember being in the parking lot of the Country Club, July '84. We were playing Los Angeles for the first time and Dave and Dave came to the show. They had a demo of the new Megadeth. They played me "Love You To Death" on someones crappy car stereo. I was hooked from the piano intro. Couldn't wait for the record. It didn't disapoint. Riffs for days. Brutal. Fast. An unbelievable cover of "These Boots Are Made For Walkin'." The Skull Beneath The Skin" Nuff Said.

Killing was the favorite of the four debuts. I thought it was the most complete and consistant of the four. What it may have lacked in production, it made up for in songs and pure energy. And don't you feel lucky boys and girls to be listening to the remixed, remastered version?

I do.

Crank it up and bang your head like it's nineeen eighty fuckin' four.

That's my story.

-Scott Ian
11/7/01
NYC

to the guy that called me a cheap ass,

i don't want to drop the 15 bucks because i don't think the album is good. personally, i don't think the remastering of it, bonus tracks, etc. could get me to like it. i don't like it. hell, i really don't like megadeth all that much except for like, 2 of their records and i doubt the pennies that Dave Mustaine gets off me buying the record is really going to make his wife and kid starve.

I,m not too happy with all this remastering and bonus tracks. Like most people here I buy an album when it first comes out so I don't want it re-released two months later with aload of new stuff on it. The haunted released their last album again with a live cd recorded in Tokyo. Great I'll just buy it again shall I?. I have kimb on album and its great ( thou' not worthy of the gushing review Mr Ian gives it), being on record the sounds not great but gives it character. would I trade my Black Sabbath lp's in for remastered cd versions? would I cut of both my legs off and use them as centre pieces for the dinner table, no!. And don't get me started on releasing a single 3 times
cd1 satan's socks
satan's socks (acoustic)
ey by gum I'm a muppet (non album track)

cd2 satan's socks
satan's socks(8 monkeys tossed in a fridge remix)
satan's socks ( spice girls remix)
cd3 satan's socks + crap that didn't make the album :(

Ahhh Mr. Mindmorgue you are rapidly turning into my nemisis. You can purchase them directly from me, 800 of your earth pounds should cover postage and packing. I was forgetting some people buy albums twice or even three times because the batteries on their retard inhibitor start to run low.:D

Thing is this is the second re release of Killing... so if anyone buys it, it'll be because it's been remastered and has new tracks. That said it sounds like a Japanese version cos of the extra tracks.

But still I don't have it yet, so maybe its worthwhile getting it.