MEGADETH IN SYDNEY FRIDAY NIGHT

I Don't Die

Soldier Of Metal
Apr 4, 2004
Orange, Australia
OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!!.

This was without a doubt the best show i have ever been too. I cant believe nobody else has made a thread about it yet. Meet Megadeth at the signing in the arvo & their were all awesome.
Dungeon opened & they were fucking awesome.
The guards didn't let me at the 18+ gate so i had to go upstairs which didn't make me happy, But i watched Dungeon from & it was pretty good.
But there was no way i was watching Megadeth from up there. The very second the intro to Blackmail The Universe started. I jumped off the Story high Balcony. It was fucking awesome, The pit was more intense then the fall. Theres really no words that i can use to Explain the pit & the fucking playing. It was all i hope & dreamed it would.....& more.

The Setlist Was

Blackmail The Universe
Set The World Afire
Skin O' My Teeth
Scorpion
Wake Up Dead
In My Darkest Hour
She-Wolf
Something I’m Not
Angry Again
A Tout Le Monde
Die Dead Enough
Trust
Kick The Chair
Hangar 18
Return to Hangar
Back In The Day
Sweating Bullets
My Last Words
Symphony
Tornado Of Souls

Peace Sells/Paranoid
Holy Wars/Mechanix/Holy Wars

Best fucking gig ever. Not a single mistake. PERFECT
Only one problem, During the gig Dave said we can met him out the back, which many of us did. But nobody ever came ......Oh Well

Sorry theres just nothing i can say to explain it how good this gig was

I Don't Die said:
Only one problem, During the gig Dave said we can met him out the back, which many of us did. But nobody ever came ......

Imagine that. Mustaine says one thing yet does another.:err:

He pulled that on us the last time they played Atlanta.

i flew ova from perth to see the melboure gig. insane! set list was exactly the same exceptthe encore was Holy Wars/Train of consequences/Mechanix/Holy Wars : rock :

Yeah, it was a brilliant show. I've got 155 photos of Dungeon online with Megadeth pics to follow as soon as management gets back to me with their picks for the 30 photos they get exclusive rights to.

BTW, Dave did meet about 15 people after the show (as did the rest of the band) but we all had VIP passes. A bunch of guys waited back at their hotel though and they met up then without any problems.

If anyone is interested in the photos and short review of the gig, check it out:
http://www.pyromusic.net/index.php?p=articles/article&a=2

Come Anthrax next month I'll be doing something similar (taking a load of photos and a write-up) so stay tuned ;)

Megadeth in Melbourne - TOTALLY TOTALLY DESTROYED. One of the greatest shows ever.

Dave and co - thank you so much. We love you guys. Please dont' let this be the end. You totally held us in the palm of your hand dude and then you blew us away with your incredible 2 hour set!

LONG LIVE MEGADETH!

I was at sydney!! what an awesome show, i didnt know what to expect from the other band members and i was so impressed. They were really....really tight. the guitarist played solos well. I wish mustaine would smile more. I was at the instore and i yelled megadeth at mustaine,he looks at me,im still yelling and finally he started smiling. Rock on. The big question......will anthrax top it????

Dave was just so appreciative to the Melb fans. He really didn't say much coz he said he wanted to just play for us all night. Horns up to you Dave and co - you really gave us a farewell to remember.

Also kudo's to the guys in the Balcony at QBH who had the Metallica Sux - Megadeth Rule banner! CHOICE :D

My ears are still ringing 3 days after. I didn't think Megadave's performance at the Enmore in 2002 could be topped but this one demolished it. What an amazing show and I only went coz someone bought me a ticket. I don't think I've been to a better metal show in all my life. I'd probably rate it over Slayer and Pantera.

Yep my ears are still ringing after Sat's Melb show. What freaked me out was when the drum tech was testing the bass drum during the interval and every hit would make my jeans ripple ... FREAKY!

The Aural assault was just brutal but I have to admit I had my doubts about QBH as a venue but it was great.... I haven't had so much in a long time. It was just a killer concert. The crowd was great too.

Thats what I love about Metal shows man - everyone is ya friend. To the guy behind me that grabbed me and headbanged with me during Peace Sells ... horns to you man!

fuck yeah i flew over to melbourne from perth and it was the best concert i have ever seen. dave has still got the goods. that banner was funny as too i reckon he liked it. the new band is pretty good as well