MEGADETH, LAMB OF GOD, OPETH, ARCH ENEMY Featured On 'Gigantour 2' DVD - Dec. 8, 2007

Oct 23, 2006
Québec City, Québec, Canada
MEGADETH, LAMB OF GOD, OPETH and ARCH ENEMY are among the artists featured on the "Gigantour 2" DVD, due on April 22, 2008 via Image Entertainment. The disc — which was recorded last year's during the second installment of MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine's traveling heavy metal festival — will feature the following track listing:

01. THE SMASHUP - Rachel's Day
02. SANCTITY - Zeppo
03. INTO ETERNITY - Timeless Winter
04. OVERKILL - Thanks For Nothing
05. OVERKILL - Long Time Dying
06. ARCH ENEMY - Nemisis
07. ARCH ENEMY - We Will Rise / Bridge
08. OPETH - Window Pane
09. LAMB OF GOD - Vigil
10. LAMB OF GOD - Red Neck
11. LAMB OF GOD - Something To Die For
12. MEGADETH - Take No Prisoners
13. MEGADETH - The Scorpion
14. MEGADETH - Washington Is Next

In a 2006 interview, Mustaine stated that last year's Gigantour a celebration of headbanging rock at its best.

"It's all about musicianship and people who are positive," said Mustaine, who started the heavy metal package tour in 2005. "We want people out there who aren't afraid to do a guitar solo, and with the guys from LAMB OF GOD, OPETH, ARCH ENEMY and the other bands, we have a great new generation of guitar players out there."

From blabbermouth

Why Windowpane!!! They could have put a Ghost Reverie song in there. The Grand Conjuration or Baying of The Hounds would have been great. I love Windowpane but we got it now on 3 DVD and since Opeth songs are long and we can't have a 20 songs sets it could have been cool if they decided to put a song that is not featured on Lamentation or Roundhouse Tapes. Anyway I love the fact that megadeth put Take No Prisoners!

That's craziness. Opeth was a headliner and billed right under Megadeth and Lamb of God (Lamb of God was terrible live). There was a rumor of Mustaine trying to screw over Opeth on the tour, but I don't believe it. Were there troubles with Roadrunner or something, and they couldn't get the rights to produce a DVD with the GR songs? That's so weird that they only got one song!

If I recall, it was Opeth, Lamb of God, then Megadeth....And I really don't care that much for Lamb of God, I don't like their sound.

If I recall, it was Opeth, Lamb of God, then Megadeth....And I really don't care that much for Lamb of God, I don't like their sound.

I'm pretty sure that Gigantour 2 was Megadeth, Lamb of God, Opeth, then Arch Enemy. And then the other guys. Argh, I so agree with you on Lamb of God though.

to be fair all the main stage bands got ABOUT the same time on this dvd.

give or take a few min.

windowpane, im happy with.. if only because MET0L HEADS that get the dvd will be subjected to an amazing mellow song. Seeing as its the only mellow one on the dvd.

however, after the roundhouse tapes come out. we will now have windowpane 3 times on dvd. so another song would have been nice!

This is just fucking sick. I'd buy the DVD in an instant if the one lonely Opeth song was one not on Lamentations or The Roundhouse Tapes. But I am not buying it for yet another version of a song I am sick to death of. 'Windowpane' isn't exactly a track that has the same replayability as, say, 'Godhead's Lament', 'April Ethereal' or 'The Baying of the Hounds'.:err:

I was at the show and they should have atleast put on TGC.

Why Windowpane!!! They could have put a Ghost Reverie song in there. The Grand Conjuration or Baying of The Hounds would have been great.
The only song they played from GR was TGC.

Setlist from the show:
The Grand Conjuration
Leper Affinity
Windowpane
Deliverance