Gigantour Australia

Apr 23, 2006
As reported on that shit-for-brains website Blabbermouth:

MEGADETH, SOULFLY, ARCH ENEMY, CALIBAN To Take Part In Australia's GIGANTOUR - Aug. 10, 2006
According to PyroMusic.net, the Australian edition of the Gigantour festival trek will feature headliners MEGADETH alongside SOULFLY, ARCH ENEMY and CALIBAN (with other acts yet to be confirmed) and will kick off in late October. Confirmed dates are as follows:

Oct. 21 - Brisbane, AUS @ The Riverstage
Oct. 22 - Sydney, AUS @ Hordern Pavilion
Oct. 24 - Melbourne, AUS @ Festival Hall

Tickets go on sale Tuesday, August 22 at 9:00 a.m.

The Nort American installment of Gigantour 2006 will begin on September 7 in San Diego, California. The trek will feature LAMB OF GOD, ARCH ENEMY, OPETH, OVERKILL, THE SMASHUP, INTO ETERNITY and SANCTITY in addition to the headliner MEGADETH.

It'll be good to see Arch Enemy and Megadeth again, too bad opeth arent coming for it, even though they just left.

sorry is this has been reported already

I wish it came down last time, DT would've been killer too see

...when the hell are they gonna get there asses down under

Metal For The Brain for me...! Although I'm tempted to go to the first day of that festival, but that'd mean driving to Canberra either Friday night after the gig, or Saturday morning. That would suck.

its only 3 hours drive, u should deffinately do both

whenharlequinsfall said:
Nevermore would be insane, what r the other bands like, genre style wise?

the first day is mostly death, whereas the second day is mostly power/thrash besides ne obliviscaris who are progressive black

damn i dont think i'll have enough money too go see em, cause i gotta see dashboard confessionals and panic at the disco! soon

Pethical said:
its only 3 hours drive, u should deffinately do both

That'd mean staying sober during the gig (not easy for me!) in order to drive to Canberra, or waking up earlier on Saturday. And every time I've been to MFTB I've woken up late enough already on the day, so much so that I end up missing a few bands at the start. Last thing I want is a three hour drive on a hangover, heh.

Aw fuck it, I suppose I could always take a plane or a bus.

Anyway, I think Skinless, Ruins and MSI are already on MFTB. :kickass: :)

AshDLS said:
Anyway, I think Skinless, Ruins and MSI are already on MFTB. :kickass: :)
Skinless, Ruins and MSI are on festival of the dead.
FOTD.jpg

AshDLS said:
Metal For The Brain for me...! Although I'm tempted to go to the first day of that festival, but that'd mean driving to Canberra either Friday night after the gig, or Saturday morning. That would suck.

i want to go to MFTB too! But im going to both the Nevermore shows.. let me know how it goes... damn im gonna shoot myself if Contrive and Alchemist are playing.. but then again.. Nevermore

Fuck me, I had no idea about festival of the dead. I'll be there (both maybe).

Edit: Tom, or anyone else in Sydney, is that 'Gaelic Theatre', as in the place Children of Bodom played last year? Or is it something else altogether?