Megadeth, Soulfly, Arch Enemy Australian Gigantour!

Sydo

Apr 13, 2001
According to PyroMusic.net, the Australian edition of the Gigantour festival trek will feature headliners MEGADETH alongside SOULFLY, ARCH ENEMY and CALIBAN (with other acts yet to be confirmed) and will kick off in late October. Confirmed dates are as follows:

Oct. 21 - Brisbane, AUS @ The Riverstage
Oct. 22 - Sydney, AUS @ Hordern Pavilion
Oct. 24 - Melbourne, AUS @ Festival Hall

Tickets go on sale Tuesday, August 22 at 9:00 a.m.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=56268

I must say I am dissapointed with the line up, Deth and Arch are the only two worth the money really, I dont like the idea of soulfly on there at all, but thats just me

Except that I don't really like any of the bands anymore. Never actually heard Soulfly because I never had any interest in checking them out, never heard of Caliban, haven't liked anything Megadeth has done since Trust, and was only really into Arch Enemy for a few minutes there.

/me skips Gigantour.

yeah im a bit disappointed by the lineup. Id only really be interested in seeing Megadeth but I wouldn't go out of my way for it..

Fuck you guys are a bunch of whiners, its going to be fucking awesome.

We aren't whiners...the lineup IS weak compared to this years US and last years US Gigantour, and with a massive slew of other tours in the second half of this year, it is quite fair to question whether to attend or not. Including Kreator last night, I am going to at least 4 other gigs in coming months, and can't really afford another near $100 ticket plus travel expenses. On top of that, Megadeth is the main drawcard and I have seen them on two seperate tours on the back of The System Has Failed, and their new album has now been pushed back to 2007.

I'm not a whiner, I just have different priorities.

Blitzkrieg said:
We aren't whiners...the lineup IS weak compared to this years US and last years US Gigantour, and with a massive slew of other tours in the second half of this year, it is quite fair to question whether to attend or not. Including Kreator last night, I am going to at least 4 other gigs in coming months, and can't really afford another near $100 ticket plus travel expenses. On top of that, Megadeth is the main drawcard and I have seen them on two seperate tours on the back of The System Has Failed, and their new album has now been pushed back to 2007.

I'm not a whiner, I just have different priorities.

fair enough, i saw the tour last year in canada with anthrax on the bill which was pretty rad.