Megadeth - Th1irt3en

I hate UA, but don't get the hate for CW. I'm talking to you, medication. The Disintegrators, She-Wolf, Vortex, FFF, Mastermind...if that's not metal enough for you, Megadeth's not the band for you.

Risk sucks besides Insomnia, Prince of Darkness and a couple of others, and overall is a bad album IMO.

I hate UA, but don't get the hate for CW. I'm talking to you, medication. The Disintegrators, She-Wolf, Vortex, FFF, Mastermind...if that's not metal enough for you, Megadeth's not the band for you.

Risk sucks besides Insomnia, Prince of Darkness and a couple of others, and overall is a bad album IMO.

United Abominations is actually my second most favorite 'Deth album, next to Countdown. I like Risk. Not every song on it, but overall I like the atmosphere on that album.

Crryptic Writings was great...Risk, not so much. Although I think the re-mix/remaster version of Risk is a little more listenable.

The only song I liked from the album was Sudden Death because it (to me) sounded the closest to the Countdown To Extinction era of Megadeth, I listened to the rest of the songs and didn't like any of them. They were kinda bland and boring to me, I really dislike Public Enemy No. 1, why they decided to make that a single is beyond me. But I also noticed the single of Sudden Death (the one that was on the Guitar Hero) sounded MUCH better than the shitty remixed version on the album. I hate what they did to it, even changed some lyrics at the beginning, they totally ruined it, why ruin a good track like that? I'd personally file it under one of the worst Megadeth albums ever next to Risk. WM blows it out of the water!

Will say that now after a good 5-6 listens all the way through it is better than on first listen. Far from special though. And some of the lyrics are plain awful. But on the whole, on par with UA or Endgame for me.

Yer, I guess their is only so many things you can sing about when it comes to strong political theme type lyrics.

Kinda like Midnight Oil in that regard ......

The only song I liked from the album was Sudden Death because it (to me) sounded the closest to the Countdown To Extinction era of Megadeth, I listened to the rest of the songs and didn't like any of them. They were kinda bland and boring to me, I really dislike Public Enemy No. 1, why they decided to make that a single is beyond me. But I also noticed the single of Sudden Death (the one that was on the Guitar Hero) sounded MUCH better than the shitty remixed version on the album. I hate what they did to it, even changed some lyrics at the beginning, they totally ruined it, why ruin a good track like that? I'd personally file it under one of the worst Megadeth albums ever next to Risk. WM blows it out of the water!

As bad as Risk?? That's a pretty bold statement. I listened to parts of Risk after reading about some love for it in this this thread. Pure garbage of an album. I think thirt33n has better moments. But I can't seem to listen to this album more than the first few tracks. The playing is fine, the songs simply aren't drawing me in. So much for the theory that having Junior back would bring back Megadeth to form.

Hahaha, yeh, coz Mastermind is the next Wake Up Dead right? :rolleyes: :lol:

Actually I prefer Trust, Almost Honest and Use the Man to the tracks you listed. The Disintegrators is good, so is FFF. The extended version of She-Wolf is 1000x better than the cd version.

But my fuck, this album has some of the worst filler on it I've ever heard by a metal band. Sin, I'll Get Even and Have Cool Will Travel. WHAT THE FUCK MUSTAINE?!?!?! Is 'I'll get even' the shittest Deth song in their catalogue? If not, must be close to it. Especially the bass line in the verse :puke:

The only Deth album I dreaded the most is THE WORLD NEEDS A HERO!! Unoriginal, ill-inspired, tried too hard to impress yet failed to deliver. Gimme another round of YOUTHANASIA PT2 will ya!! Opps..maybe not, coz now its only Dave doing the writing..ohh well..

I have only listened to the album a few times and none of the songs are memorable. I'll stick with Rust in Peace, Peace Sells and The System has Failed. :headbang: