Megadeth - United Abominations

Wow, I was 9 years old then! I didn't even know who Megadeth was. I was too busy playing with Transformers and GI Joes! :lol:

~Brian~

Straight up Decepticons baby!!!!!

I actually like the new version of ATLM....it was my least fave song on Youthanasia, which is right up there with Rust for me. This new version is much better I think. The extra vox add a lot of depth to it.

I haven't taken this new one out of my cd player since I bought it. It's good stuff for sure.

Never Walk Alone...A Call To Arms is my favorite track. :headbang:

~Brian~

Im right there with you on that one man! Well I have about three songs on there thats tied for my favorite, but Never Walk Alone is one of them.

Is that even a valid comparison? Is Ozzy even responsible for the music on his CDs, save the vocals? Is he involved in selecting the musicians, writing the music or writing the lyrics? I don't know... I'm just asking.

Zod

You are quite likely right on that one. I was just in a sickened mood the day I posted all of those (insert new thing)>>>than Ozzy after hearing sound clips from all the songs and a few full length tracks. That being said, however, whether you put the band together, write the songs, record...whatever, your name is your name. When you put OZZY on something, it ought to at least be a semblance of former greatness, although I know that's rarely the case.

Anyway, I'll get off this until the thread appears about the new CD...and it will once it's out.

Is that even a valid comparison? Is Ozzy even responsible for the music on his CDs, save the vocals? Is he involved in selecting the musicians, writing the music or writing the lyrics? I don't know... I'm just asking.

Zod

From what I understand, Yes, he is. Most if not all of the Ozzy album was made at a home studio. Doesn't mean the music is better. Just that there was no corporate interference this time, as there was with Ozzmosis and Down To Earth (which is why both sucked)

From what I understand, Yes, he is. Most if not all of the Ozzy album was made at a home studio. Doesn't mean the music is better. Just that there was no corporate interference this time, as there was with Ozzmosis and Down To Earth (which is why both sucked)
Does that mean he was part of the creative process? Or did Sharon hire the musicians, who penned the songs, before they showed up at his house?

By the way, which lyrics did you have an issue with? His politics seem to be all over the place.

Zod

Does that mean he was part of the creative process? Or did Sharon hire the musicians, who penned the songs, before they showed up at his house?

Yes/no/maybe/crapshoot. I don't have that information, nor do I care to.

By the way, which lyrics did you have an issue with? His politics seem to be all over the place.
- Zod

As of my only 2 listens - it was more Dave's voice interfering with the instrumental arrangements.

The album is great and Megadeth is currently touring and DESTROYING on the Sabbath tour. No one even came close! Long live EIDOLEGADETH!!! :)

Just saw Megadeth with Machine Head and Heaven and Hell.

Holy shit, awesome as always, its my 3rd time seeing them and they ALWAYS put on an awesome, energetic show.

Btw, Sabbath(or H&H) were pretty awesome too. I was kinda surprised mainly cause I thought they would be 4 old geezers going through the motions. I could not have been more mistaken. They kicked ass as well.

As for Machine Head? I only got to hear their last song cause we got there late but their sound was pretty good.