Megadeth!

Great!!!
but bad for searching new members for the band, what about ellefson?

NIck Menza Period!!!

and THe world needs a hero kicks st. anger ass :)

I doubt Dave said that shit about Risk, then why he recorded that thing?

I always liked Metallica but they're trying too hard to sound original nowadays. I'm not even mentioning the drum sound or the production as I like many raw produced albums but FFS the songs and lyrics are just mediocre on this one.

St. Anger round my neck? :lol:

Give me a break FFS!

I still respect them though. And they're all very cool. Except maybe for Lars.

Look at how happy I was to be with the lads:
(nevermind my stupid smile though... :ill: )
metallica.jpg

The strange thing is that this news does not appear on the official website.

One more thing I was not denouncing raw production in general. I just said the drum sound was terrible as well as the actual playing. I love the raw sound of early Darkthrone and Venom - if these bands had a produced sound they would be horrible! I do agree that St Anger was uninspired. I even prefered Load and Reload to this horrible excuse for a rock album.

erm, i think those were tye's words achernar. :D

and darkthrone's production has nothing in common with metallica's ffs.

Achernar said:
I always liked Metallica but they're trying too hard to sound original nowadays. I'm not even mentioning the drum sound or the production as I like many raw produced albums but FFS the songs and lyrics are just mediocre on this one.

coming from a dan swano, it sounds quite funny heh.

Lars is a cunt, he has always been a cunt. I used to think James was the coolest guy in metal though. I'm not sure about how he is nowadays cos I haven't seen any recent stuff like those "year and a half" videos (which are cool). I think I only like Frantic and Some kind of Monster from the last album. The lyrics on this album are the worst I've read in years :ill:
Heh, but I'm getting into Load again the last weeks, I used to hate it. It's a cool album actually, it has some rocking riffs. Just one fucking horrible song, which is Hero of the Day...

'I'm feeling so empty inside
When the fragments of pain return from the back of my mind
Of all of the lies I've been told "We love you" must be the worst'

Cerulean said:
Lars is a cunt, he has always been a cunt.
I dont know if hes a cunt but i do think that he is the best musician from metallica..
and about the megadeth rumours going on i dont really believe in this stuff cause mustaine would have confirmed it. at least i hope its not true because 'to kick metallica's ass' is not a very good reason to reform the group. especially when dave himself said that they should have stopped playing after they did cryptic writings, which i totally agree with.

they're all kunts nowadays, too much money i reckon, old age too perhaps, ah well... exodus are reforming too :(

i hope dan swano splits up with himself. 'i dont really see myself as a musician, i see myself as a CONDUCTOR.'

~OMFG St. Anger is the worst album ever made! What's wrong with you people? They just slap some of the shittest riffs together and you're creaming your jeans. Megadeth's worst is way better than St. Anger. St. Anger has no soul, no vibe, the lyrics sound like they were written and sung by a digruntled 14 year old, I wrote better riffs in my first year of playing guitar, the drumming is juvenile,... the whole thing is just old men trying to sound trendy and even under the lowest scrutiny it is a mall-core train wreck. Load was a masterpiece by comparison.

~Anyway, I don't believe this story. First of all it wasn't on the official Megadeth website. Second three of the things mentioned don't make sense. (1. Junior refusing to come back is possible, but I don't see him touring with Soulfly. (2. The very idea of Megadeth continuing was just that, an idea. Dave Mustaine ended Megadeth because he injured his hand. Plus he has repeatedly said that he is working on his solo album. The reason he sold all his Jackson guitars is because he switched to ESP. (3. Dave Mustaine in a recent interview stated that Megadeth was Dave, David, Nick, and Marty. And although he doesn't regret his time with Jimmy Degrasso and Al Pitrelli, with those two in the band it didn't feel like Megadeth and it was foolish of him to think so. He said that if Megadeth were to reunite that he'd want it with David, Nick and Marty. (4. I guess that there's an additional reason that I'd forgotten to mention. The Megadeth vs. Metallica fued was over back in 1997. Dave no longer feels that he has to compete with Metallica, in fact quite the opposite he has a great deal of respect for them. And if Frank Bello can praise the new Metallica for trying something different, what do you think that Dave is gonna say?

~Besides all that, Loudness hasn't exactly been playing the thrashiest stuff in the last 10 years, (if they are even still together). Japanese musicians aren't known to limit themselves to one genre, or to put a lid on their creativity. So even if the Loudness guitarist was up for the spot in Megadeth, I don't think that he'd be happy with another thrash record.

~BTW Exodus' new album is not just a fluke. Unfortunately I'm told that you can download it now, (even though it doesn't come out until March) however I do recommend that you hear it before you make light of their return. They aren't just doing a one-off. The song I heard was seriously taking names.

~And if you really think that Skank Anger can touch Nevermore's last two albums Enemies of Reality and Dead Heart in a Dead World, you're snorting too much Johnson's baby powder and you're not worth the time I spend picking my nose.