Merchandising suggestion

metalprof

Ken Luther
Mar 11, 2005
Valparaiso, IN
faculty.valpo.edu
Although there are young spring chickens in the PP crowd, my hunch is that on average, the age of both band members in the genre and the fan base is increasing.

As I sit here typing with my reading glasses on (and trying to avoid work, obviously) looking like a granny with a cheap silver chain to hang the glasses around my neck when I'm not using them, I think that I would love to sport much more metal :headbang: glasses chains. So instead of lanyards with band or festival names and logos on them, how about bands bring some custom made neck bands for glasses to PP to sell? How about ProgPower XI neck bands for glasses with band logos inscribed around the edge?

Think how awesome it would be for aging singers in bands to wear their own bands' glasses chain around their neck when struggling to read the lyric sheets taped to the floor ... or for some of the more senior guitarists out there (Hi Matt Crooks! :) ) to represent with black, skull covered glasses chains while they make an effort to change a broken string!

Old people with failing eyesight unite and demand consideration in merchandising! :)

Ken

How about Accept oxygen tanks, Tarot Wheelchair Seats (J-Man, this has you written all over it!) and Pain of Salvation's Road Salt One Depend Undergarments?

I'm a big Pain of Salvation fan. That being said, until this album really "clicks" (so far I've heard it 4 times), I will spare no criticism. I'm more disappointed by it than I was when Angra released Aurora (and I ranted about that release for a long time)...

How about Accept oxygen tanks, Tarot Wheelchair Seats (J-Man, this has you written all over it!) and Pain of Salvation's Road Salt One Depend Undergarments?
The company I work for sells this kind of stuff. I'll have to check with our purchasing and marketing guys and see if there are any opportunities for custom branding of the products. Anyone have any ins with their labels to get licensing rights to their logos? heh.