What's YOUR definition of a hipster???

Easy Definition of a Hipster:
Someone who enters a community unorganically and instantly wants "cred" without doing any research into the community's history, plus any evangelist.

Best thing you've ever said Ben.
It's actually not Jason who's the biggest culprit here - I could easily point out someone else from this thread who ... naaah, I won't go there, it's too easy.

Liturgy's not even a bad band...the drumming is really interesting. I spin them every few weeks or so. This guy spewing his nonsense is going to turn a lot of people off from them.

Well, shit. I must be a hipster than because i'm till relatively new to metal, enjoy listening to the bands mentioned, eat shitty food and drink swill.

Except I don't dress like a douche.

I have no reason to be here because I have never attended the festival?
Go ask Glen if he seriously is NOT interested in the opinion of those who have never attended the festival. If this was true, I think over half the bands who have been booked in recent years would not have been considered.

Furthermore, thanks guys for trolling all over what could have been a fun thread. Some took it in jest and played along.

Best thing you've ever said Ben.
It's actually not Jason who's the biggest culprit here - I could easily point out someone else from this thread who ... naaah, I won't go there, it's too easy.

Research it? I have lived it as both a musician and a fan for well over 20 years here in Chicago.

It's an opinion based on my experiences and observations, which is what I had asked of folks in my original post.

We don't need Neil-like data consolidation to have a casual discussion on what people feel a "hipster" is or not. Dear lord.......

Research it? I have lived it as both a musician and a fan for well over 20 years here in Chicago.

It's an opinion based on my experiences and observations, which is what I had asked of folks in my original post.

We don't need Neil-like data consolidation to have a casual discussion on what people feel a "hipster" is or not. Dear lord.......

You're supposed to post your past experiences on Tumblr....not Ultimate Metal.

I must be honest, making fun of hipsters makes you a hipster, defending them does the same. In fact, talking about them at all kinda tends to make you one.

Fuck. we're -all- hipsters.

This is a fate worse than death. I'd kill myself, but...dying is too kitsch.

Didn't I just say it wasn't you? What's that all about, now you can't read either? I knew you were slow, but trouble reading too? ;)

I must be honest, making fun of hipsters makes you a hipster, defending them does the same. In fact, talking about them at all kinda tends to make you one.

Fuck. we're -all- hipsters.

This is a fate worse than death. I'd kill myself, but...dying is too kitsch.

Yeah, I mean I don't give a rat's patootie if someone were to call me a hipster. I am just a dude who likes the tunes I like. This is just a fun thread to get everyone's opinion on it, as the term "hipster" has now evolved into a genre, as opposed to only a type of person.

oneup.jpg