What's YOUR definition of a hipster???

You linebreak after every sentence.
So it looks like this.
And it's funny.
And also,
You have no idea what you're talking about.
You read posts and take only what you want out of it while missing the context of it.
U mad?

You missed the point of the pic entirely.
I don't give a shit who that "was" a picture of.
This guy fits the aesthetic of a "hipster" to a T:
Bad tattoos? CHECK
Beard? CHECK
Unkept hair? CHECK
Lack of hygene? CHECK
Retro tshirt that is too tight? CHECK

I guess just making fun of how you don't like reading and how you're out of touch is kind of mean so I'll do you a favor and elaborate on why this is dumb.

281x211.jpg

Bat tattoos? Check.

Beard? Check.

Unkempt hair? Well his beard is! Check.

Lack of hygiene? This is just dumb. Do you smell their armpits and ballsacks to test this theory? They're on tour. Bands piss into water bottles and throw them out of the van/bus. Do you think it's a hygienic lifestyle for any band? Christ...

Retro shirt that's too tight? CHECK!

KERRY KING IS A HIPSTER.

And what's even more hilarious, is that you claim that the aforementioned picture of Brent Hinds " fits the aesthetic of a "hipster" to a T" yet the criterion for hipsterdom that you list in the post is almost completely different from the criterion you list in your OP, which includes messenger bags and dark-rimmed glasses -- neither of which Hinds wears.

All you ever do is pick and choose whichever you want to post, you don't read anything that's said -- not even YOUR OWN POSTS. It's embarrassing -- like one of those geriatric old dudes who poos himself and forgets he does it.

20090722_lookbook_190x190.jpg

^ THIS is a hipster.

brent%20hinds%27%20beard.jpg

^ THIS is a metal dude. If you called him a beardo, I'd give you that too.

AS - I seriously don't even know where to start with you............

Re-read my original post, as you obviously missed a VERY key statement:

I don't think Carlos Mencia wants people to take his jokes seriously either, nor do I take them seriously, but I still think they're dumb.

lol I call people I like hipsters. I even said hipsters have good taste in music. I just think you're out of touch and not funny.

o and

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Carlos Mencia wants people to take his jokes seriously either, nor do I take them seriously, but I still think they're dumb.

Ok, no we are getting somewhere!!!!
Do you REALLY REALLY believe I created this thread to SERIOUSLY generate a consensus around these parts as to what makes a hipster a hipster, or to generate some casual discussion and have some fun?

Once again, only one mad here is you because you are butt hurt that I posted a picture of someone you like.

lol I call people I like hipsters. I even said hipsters have good taste in music. I just think you're out of touch and not funny.

1) I have stated in this thread and others that I like many bands which fall under the "hipster" umbrella, and wasn't even making fun of hipsters

2) Out of touch with what? What it takes to be a hipster? Are you saying you know because you are one yourself??? :D

3) Funny or not, my threads / posts generate a hell lot more conversation around here than yours and that obviously bothers you

Didn't you take a sabatical from here a while ago? Is it about time for another one?

Ok, no we are getting somewhere!!!!
Do you REALLY REALLY believe I created this thread to SERIOUSLY generate a consensus around these parts as to what makes a hipster a hipster, or to generate some casual discussion and have some fun?

Does Carlos Mencia make jokes about race to seriously generate a dialog about cultural studies or does he do it to be funny?

1) I have stated in this thread and others that I like many bands which fall under the "hipster" umbrella, and wasn't even making fun of hipsters

I find it ironic that you shat all over the notion of my Agalloch thread a few weeks back calling it "bullshit" and saying nobody agrees with me when the first batch of responses here agree that this is an unfunny, pointless thread. I also find it hilarious that you think I'm actually taking anything you've ever posted, with your frequent line breaks, conjectural statements, contradictions, lack of funny, and lack of insight seriously. It's like trying to take a guy wearing a rainbow bowtie seriously.

2) Out of touch with what?

Being funny, knowing what hipsters are, knowing that "butthurt" is one word (yeah bro you're totally hip with the intertubes lingo dawg), reading?

3) Funny or not, my threads / posts generate a hell lot more conversation around here than yours and that obviously bothers you

srs bizz.

Moral of the story, U mad.

Funny, but I've been in arguments with people about this kind of subject over the film "Scott Pilgrim Vs The World", which people want to label a "hipster film", when I think few characters in that film are real hipsters. Most are more like slackers.

I'm guessing Evil Ex #7, Gideon Graves, would be THE obvious hipster in that flick.

But thank god, they're made "in a way that minimizes water use in the finishing process."

That's Important.

I gotta deal with Hipsters every night of the week. Never met a more clueless bunch of people. These are the self-entitled, self-absorbed morons that pollute the sight of my eyes while I operate my train on Brooklyn's G Line aka the Hipster Railroad.

Waitaminute. You drive a choo-choo? Nifty! :)

3) Funny or not, my threads / posts generate a hell lot more conversation around here than yours

So, it's better to troll a board a lot, than never to troll at all?

and that obviously bothers you

Doubt if he's losing sleep over it, brah.

I'm guessing Evil Ex #7, Gideon Graves, would be THE obvious hipster in that flick.

Yeah idk, that movie/comic definitely pokes fun at hipster-isms. I laughed out loud very hard when Brian Lee O'Malley (the creator of the series) says "I liked their first album better than their first album." Probably my favorite film of last year.

hahaha I would not get offended if someone called me a hipster. I personally take it as a compliment. Like I said, they have good taste.

Well except for that Liturgy guy. That guy should have his lips stapled shut. :(