Mercuriall Audio Software - Spark amp sim

As you may have noticed, we've released Spark today! All the details are available at https://mercuriall.com/cms/details_spark
Check out the Demo - hope you like it!

15585345_1805414656378705_6317919692018763326_o.jpg

Dear friends!

Mercuriall team sends you warm greetings and congratulates with the upcoming New Year! Let the 2017 bring you positive mood, creative energy and strong health!
With your support we are able to continue working on new Mercuriall products! Actually, we already have plans for the next plugin, which will hopefully bring a big smile on your face. Maybe even some tears of joy. Stay tuned for more!

On the New Year's eve please enjoy this powerful mix/cover made by NRQ's Studio.

PS. We still run the Holiday Sale until 3rd of Janury! You can get the U530 and Spark with a nice discount at www.mercuriall.com

Just demo'd it and bought it. I love the AFD for heavy rhythms and the the two JMP's are great for stacking digital fuzz emulations. I'm also finding that it's a lot easier and quicker to get to a tone that I like by using the amp EQ and the variable mic/cab section than I have with any other amp sim I've tried (loyal Thermionik user here). I'm also really excited to try the AFD's #34 setting for some twangy sounds.

Thanks for a solid product and I look forward to checking it out more.

Spark_Contest.png

Hi everyone!
We are happy to announce a new contest from Mercuriall Audio Software! By participating, you can win one of the three full versions of Spark!
https://mercuriall.com/cms/details_spark

Here's what needs to be done:
- Download the Demo version of Spark from our website: https://mercuriall.com/cms/details_spark
- Record and upload a video where you use the Demo version of Spark. It can be anything: a review, composition, playthrough, playing over a backing track, cover.
Exception: please don't send us reamped DIs found on the web.
- Send the link of your video to us via Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/MercuriallAudioSoftware), VK (http://vk.com/mercuriallaudiosoftware) or support at mercuriall.com.

Demo version introduces occasional silence - it is fine if your audio contains guitar dropouts!

Three winners, chosen by us, will each get the full version of Spark!
Please submit your entry before the end of January 31st (PST time). We will announce the winners on our Facebook page on February 3rd.

FREE stuff alert!
In the comments section of the FB post, tag a friend (or friends) who really wants to get Spark! Everyone who tags AND gets tagged (meaning, you and the people you tag here) will participate in a giveaway! The prize is a FREE full version of Spark.
The winner will be chosen by https://www.random.org/

Reactions: ViTAR
I think your price point is crazy la-la-land type stuff and makes me think your marketing team is (a) on drugs (b) wants to be on drugs.

For around your price point of $120, you can purchase an entire suite of amp simulation software. For example, Revalver 4 Producer Pack $70, BIAS Amp Pro $60, Amplitube 4 $149, Guitar Rig Pro $199. Even Line 6's new Helix Native plugin is rumored to be for $300 - and it's a $1,800 modeller in a plugin. Hell, just the other day I bought Cubase 9 for around that much.

The price point for Spark should be, at maximum, $60-70.

Last edited:
I haven't tested Spark but anyway,my point of view is that that there are 100$ amps and 5k$ amps, why wouldn't the same go for amp sims?
Let thecompany price their products however they want, if it is not the best choice they could have made they will find out soon because of lack sales, and if they don't well good for them!

I haven't tested Spark but anyway,my point of view is that that there are 100$ amps and 5k$ amps, why wouldn't the same go for amp sims?
Let thecompany price their products however they want, if it is not the best choice they could have made they will find out soon because of lack sales, and if they don't well good for them!

Well, Amplitube, BIAS, Revalver, TH3 etc. have been developed by huge teams (who have salaries and mouths to feed) and have a proven track record - they're meant to be the $5k amps if anything. If they're asking for $120 for a whole suite of amplifiers, pedals, cabinets etc. and another small-ish company is pitching essentially a single amp sim for the same amount, it sounds like a bit of a rip off.

I've tried Spark, I like it (although it doesn't really match S-Gear it has it's own tone going on). I do not however like Mercuriall's entire sales ethos. They give nothing back to their early adopters who went out on a limb and invested in their first amp sim, Tube Amp Ultra (you pay $100 instead of 120 for Spark), also, they are massively overcharging for it.

I do agree with your last point and the sales will tell the story in the end.

Having huge teams means means reduced costs, if it wasn't the case there would be no big companies...
and as for hardware, the highest prices are usually boutique gear produced by reduced teams!
But as I said, if they can sell it, good for them, if they don't they will have to adapt, and only then it will mean they were charging too high of a price.

Just installed the 1.1 version with the improvements. I dig the SD-1 addition, but I'm not sure if I'll ever use it. I don't really like the EQ'd cabs addition though – it does even out the bottom end more, but it sounds like there's a pretty radical LP filter on it too that sucks out the life of the high end. I'll just stick with the original cabs and adjust my own filters I think.

I also still think it would be a good idea to disable individual amps in the suite when not in use. The CPU improvement on Mac with this update is a little better, but I'd still like to have more than two instances on a project before I get CPU overloading while writing with Spark.

All that to say, I am still in love with this amp. I haven't even touched Thermionik since buying this. The power amp+cab section is awesome.

I tried the demo and have to say I'm pretty impressed with the chunky rhythm guitar sound it delivers. All four amps somehow sound more "alive" than other amp emulations I own or have tried so far. And I think, the price is absolutely reasonable for what the plugin delivers. Will most likely use the Valentine's Sale offer for $99.

Hi guys (and gals, I hope)!

For some reason I did not receive post notifications and did not chime in earlier =(

The price is an interesting topic and there are various reasons why some companies decide to set low prices and hope for volume and some set ridiculously high prices and apparently have some masterplan in place.

We are a young company and are trying to find our place in the busy market of guitar VST plugins. Time will tell what the fair prices are. What I can guarantee, however, is that we do not plan to lower the quality bar and will model each device with crazy attention. And neural networks, of course. No waveshaping/EQ matching.
The CPU will be hit harder than a usual amp sim would - we believe the result is worth it. I hope that at some point in future we will have time to dig deeper into some things and potentially improve the performance.

Btw, new product is already in the works and I have a feeling it may become popular here...

Btw2, here are the Spark 1.1 details:

- New stomp box based on BOSS® SD-1
- New presets from Ola Englund*
- Improved plugin performance on Mac
- Improved performance of Windows 32bit plugin
- Improved AFD HI channel sound
- Fixed some issues in Delay settings
- Added "EQd cabs". These cabs have more even low end behavior.
*Unfortunately, presets are not available in the AAX version

And the Valentine's Sale details:

Spark - $99 (regular full price is $120)
U530 - $49.99 (regular full price is $59.99)

The offer is valid until 11:59pm PDT, February 19th, 2017 at www.mercuriall.com

And Ola's video for your to enjoy =)

Reactions: Vasyl Mishchenko