Mercuriall Audio "ReAxis"

Barmaleus

Jun 11, 2016
Hi everyone!

Today is the day - ReAxis is out now and available at http://www.mercuriall.com! Feel free to check out the demo!

CC6gjBR.png

In the heart of the plugin you will find one of the most precise simulations of the MESA/Boogie® Triaxis™ Programmable Pre-Amp, driven by the neural networks technology.
The manufacturer of the original device calls it “an encyclopedia of tone”. During the modeling process we’ve understood why and were amazed by the sound variety and the tone philosophy that this box contained. It was extremely important for us to reproduce the feel and nuances of all 8 channels - just by switching the modes you’ll have the preamps of such legendary amps as Mark I™, Mark IIC+™ и Mark IV™! We’ve also added two tube power amps, a set of quality drive pedals and the most commonly used spatial effects: you can call this package a solid guitar processor.

We’ve also modelled a wah-wah pedal based on Dunlop® CryBaby® 535Q. You can control it with automatization of your DAW or via a midi-controller.

A neat feature is a possibility of importing MESA/Boogie® Triaxis™ presets to ReAxis and importing them back. With a lot of MESA/Boogie® Triaxis™ presets on the web, you have a luxury of trying them out in ReAxis. There are also Ola Englund’s presets, in case you want to get better understanding of his sound tweaking.
We also want to take this opportunity and thank Tony McKenzie for presets which we included into ReAxis (https://tonymckenzie.com/triaxis_downloads.htm).

ReAxis includes our latest achievements in the field of real-time electric circuits modeling. A lot of algorithms have been reworked and improved. With the help of a tube curve tracer each preamp tube got its “personal” mathematical model.

Product Details

Supported platforms and formats:

• Mac: VST2 Universal, VST3 x64, AU x64, AAX x64 (Pro Tools 11 and newer)
  • PC: VST2 x86, VST2 x64, VST3 x64, AAX x64 (Pro Tools 11 and newer)

Preamp section:

• Based on MESA/Boogie® Triaxis™ (revision TX5A)
  • Tubes: 12AX7EH

Amp section:

• Push-pull, class AB tube power amp based on classic schematics
  • Single-ended, class A tube power amp based on classic schematics
  • Tubes: 6L6GC, EL34

Cab section:

• Cab based on Bogner® Uberkab 412 - 4x12 Celestion® G12T-75
  • Cab based on MESA/BOOGIE® Recto - 4x12 Celestion® V30s
  • Cab based on Marshall® 1960B - 4x12 Greenback
  • Cab based on Marshall® 1960B - 4x12 JBL® K120 (vintage)
  • Microphones: Shure® SM57, Sennheiser® MD441, Royer® R121

Pedals and FX section:

• Noise Gate
  • Wah-Wah based on Dunlop® CryBaby® 535Q
  • Overdrive based on Ibanez® TS-808
  • Overdrive based on Ibanez® TS-808 Lower Drive Mod
  • Overdrive based on Ibanez® TS-7 Hot
  • Overdrive based MESA/BOOGIE® Grid Slammer
  • Overdrive based on Boss® Super Overdrive
  • Stereo Chorus
  • Stereo Delay
  • Stereo Reverb

Additional settings:

• Quality (oversampling): no, x2, x4, x8
  • Sample rate: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96
  • Stereo/Mono processing

Prices:

• Full price $89.99
  • Introductory price $77 (valid until December 24th, 11:59 PDT)
  • Special price for existing customers $69.99

Looks really good and Ola Englund‘s demo video sounds promising! However, I have to say that the 3 days introductory price period is just too short for me - I simply haven‘t got the time to test it before christmas. Is the special price for exising customers still valid after the introductory price period?

Last edited:
Hi!
Sorry for late reply. The special price for existing customers does not expire.

Congratulation to a seriously good release. Reaxis sounds very convincing and might just be one of my favorite amp sim currently. The only things I'm missing is a built in tuner and stand alone operation!

Ok the default mic positions were too smooth for me, I was vert confused but now I have a sm57 closer to the cone and it sounds very very nice!

Yeah this is great, it is actually hard to make it shrill. That was my original confusion, I'm so used to shrill amp sims this was very strange at first. Only issue I am experiencing is the volume drop outs being to frequent to really test. I want to play into the setting, double track, add ambient octave melodies, basically layer a lot of tracks to make sure it handles lot of layers without turning into a sand storm. But I get that it's a demo so thanks again for the demo!

Reactions: Barmaleus