Mercy Falls - Greatest album ever?

NonixDark

Barytone Hamster
Sep 1, 2009
www.nonixdark.com
Mercy Falls is a piece of art in my opinion! I can't remember if a whole, complete album ever before struck me like this one did. It is masterfully mastered, the music is the best composed music in my own personal opinion and the lyrics really gets to me. Great gitarrsolos! The keyboardsounds and effects just adds another dimension to the music. The bass is the most interesting and outstanding I've ever heard and Tommy, the singer, is my all-time favorite singer! As a singer he's my greatest inspiration because of his great voice, the way he handles his voice and all the emotion he puts into the songs he sings..

Mercy falls is in my opinion the best album I've ever heard and the only album I've bought full-price for as soon as I heard it. Otherwise I usually tend to wait 'til the price drops and then buy, whatever albums I want to have. But with this.. I just couldn't bear waiting for the prices to drop because Seventh Wonder really put their soul into this album and I want them to gain as much as possible out of it! You have my respect SW. You're alone on my top 5 list of 'favorite bands' and this album is ever the greatest. Never heard anything like it!

A thread like this has probably been started before me but as important I find it to state my opinion to the band I figured that I might aswell do it again, if that's the case. I believe that if someone has done something for you that really matters, they should know it. Never stop doing what you're doing, SW, because what you do brings out emotions that very few other artists/bands ever could, at least for me.

Also.. The song 'Pieces' from the WITW album is my all-time favorite song ever! It means especially much for me. Thank you very much for bringing your music and passion into my life!

I think the same! I wanna to add that Mercy falls is a masterpiece from all points of view and I'm talking about the concept, the amazing voice of Tommy, instrumental passages, solos, the incredible sound of this Album, etc.

Also, we must remember that Mercy Falls is just the Third album!!! and it blow our mind! The next release could be a great revelation.

I had the discussion with my girlfriend today...... I still think Marillions "Clutching at straws" is the best album ever but on the other hand have I listened to "Mercy falls" the last 6 months almost everyday. It is såinihelvete good. I´m so old that I remember when Rainbow "rising", Black Sabbaths "Heaven and hell" were released......... But I can´t remember myself listening to an album as much as I listened to "mercy falls" (Kamelots "Black halo" was close but MF is much better.....;o).

I´m so proud over Seventh Wonder......... A swedish band made one of the great albums ever.....TACK

It's been a year now since 'MF' was released.....and life changed a little since that day.

2006: 'WITW' was released and I was glad I discovered a new band - 'WITW' was a masterpiece. I just couldn't stop listening to that album.
When the guys were in studio making their next album I was thinking "are they able to top WITW?"
Sepember 2008: 'MF' was released and the answer was "YES, they can".

'Mercy Falls' is everything I always wanted in an album.
In previous posts on this forum I have shared my thoughts and feelings with you towards this album so I won't go into that again.

In short:
YES, 'Mercy Falls' is the greatest album ever.

I can't speak to "Best Album Ever", but it is a fantastic piece of art! As a concept album it's one of the best I've ever heard and as a prog-metal album it is hands down my favorite and I've only had it a week and I'm obsessed with it: annoying all I come in contact with from trying to explain to them how good it is and how they must listen to it.

Mercy Falls was easily my favourite release in 08 (and that's saying a lot given how much i loved the new Hibria album), and i still listen to it almost every day, but i find myself listening to WitW a bit more.

That's not to say that Mercy Falls isn't the best album SW have released: i genuinely think that it is a more complete album that WitW, and definitely a hallmark in the power/progressive metal world. I just happen to enjoy listening to WitW more often. Whether it be due to the great memories i have of the album, or because i can listen to individual songs without taking away meaning from the album, i honestly prefer WitW.

With that being said though, i have a definite top 5 albums of all time, and it goes something like this:

1. X-Japan - Dahlia
2. Dream Theater - Images and Words
3. The Mars Volta - De-Loused In The Comatorium
4. Seventh Wonder - Waiting in the Wings
5. Shadow Gallery - Room V

I listen to over a hundred hours of music a week, whether metal or otherwise, and the fact that years after release, SW's material continues to grab my attention is a true testament to how amazing the band are. Mercy Falls is not far behind, but i'm not sure i could call it one of my favourite metal album of all time. I can definitely see how others can though :)

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who shares this passion for that single album. It's hard to imagine that I'm the only one who could feel so much for an album which has so much emotion to it. By the way I love the lyrics! Right now I'm listening to Unbreakable. Great lyrics! Great song! It's all so good! No chance in the ever-growing hell that I could explain it in simple words.

Next to Kamelot's The Black Halo, MF is probably my favorite album ever. It's astonishing, just astonishing. :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Mercy Falls is definitely one of the best concept albums i've heard. Ayreon's 01011001 has a better concept, I think, but Mercy falls just has so much better songs, can't help it. I just hope to see (or hear, rather) some scifi/philosophical content. Anyway, love it!

My Top Five Best Albums:

Mercy Falls
Close to the edge - Yes
Scenes from a Memory - Dream Theater
Sgt. Peppers - The beatles
The 1st Chapter - Circus Maximus

Thanks for your existance SW!!

hey guys im a huge SW fan from canada, Mercy Falls is defenetely one my favourite concept albums... i would put it up there on the level of greatness with stuff like Operation:Mindcrime and The Wall..

the kind of stuff ill listen to till the end of my days

Great and difficult discussion...For sure it's THE album on the entire new century that captured my brain, I was never listening to any other cd (maybe Circus Maximus "Isolate") for so many times in a row...one copy im my Iphone, one in my house, another one on my car stereo...is it enough to attest that this is a REAL MASTERPIECE!!!?!?!

When I first heard the song Mercy Falls I thought, man what a great chorus...what kind of band is this? Then I heard the entire CD and I kept waiting for the "bum" song and it never came. In fact, when "Tears for a Father" came on, I got chills it was so good. This is one of those rare CD's where all the songs are fantastic and even develop deeper layers as time goes on. I have to admit i'm not a fan of the voice acting, specifically the doctor and the wife. But, I think finding convincing voice actors is a really big challenge so I can accept that. The lyrics are fantastic and deep and I can't say enough about the sweet sweet harmonies. To me this CD is much better than WITW. Waiting in the Wings was a good CD, but Mercy Falls is like taking WITW and fixing all the issues that CD had. It's rare to find a CD with every song a keeper, but that is exactly what Mercy Falls is to me. :)

I agree a lot with the last post:Once I got about halfway through the album I realized I was listening to something truly special, and I knew there wasn't going to be a single letdown, the songwriting had just been too good throughout, I knew there would be no weak songs, and I was right. Not sure if I'd call it the best ever, because there's so many great Prog and Power Metal albums I've heard, but it's possibly top 10, it's that good. I love the singer, and that's what immediately got me into the album right from One Last Goodbye. The concept is also fantastic though, and I could really feel it throughout the whole album, the lyrics are superb. I'd say the vocals and songwriting are their two biggest strengths, but everything about the album is amazing.

I can't pick just 1 cd, so here's my top 10 stranded on a desert island list in no order:
Rush - Moving Pictures: superb musicianship, intelligent lyrics, and I'm still trying to figure out how 3 people could create such a dense wall of sound
Pink Floyd - The Wall: David Gilmour is a master of minimalist, tasteful guitar
Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime: my first metal concept album and still one the best
Rush - 2112: I love the Randian philosophy plus Geddy's voice was ideal to annoy my parents
Seventh Wonder - Mercy Falls: the single most played cd on my iPod in the past year. Aside from the poor voice acting, I can't find a flaw. Pat yourselves on the back guys.
Ozzy Osbourne - Blizzard of Oz: Randy Rhoads' guitar work is perfect, absolutely perfect
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Texas Flood: a doctoral dissertation in Texas blues guitar
Dream Theater - Scenes From a Memory: my introduction to prog metal. Over the top musicianship. LaBrie's voice initially turned me off but I figured if I can handle Geddy, I can handle LaBrie.
Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos: seemingly universally reviled among prog fans, but I love it
Les Miserables soundtrack: great melodies, incredible voices, an amazing storyline and surprisingly heavy songs