Mercy Falls has leaked...

AndreasBlomqvist

Mr. Bassman
Apr 19, 2008
www.seventhwonder.nu
Mercy Falls can now apparently be downloaded from the web since a couple of days. Allthough this comes as no real surprise to any of us it is regrettable none the less.

I am quite sure that all people who inhabit this forum plan to purchase the actual CD so don't feel like I am pointing fingers...

I just really want to stress how important it is to us that You actually buy the CD. If sales don't meet expectations, the plain and simple truth is that there will very likely be no more SW albums afterwards.

This is probably obvious to all of you but seeing how important this is, I just felt I wanted to make this statement.

Please respect this, and regardless of whether you have or will donwload it anyway just because you can't stand the wait, I ask you to please support the band through buying the CD once it is released.

Thanks for your kind understanding!

Regards,
Andreas & the Band

Hey Andreas,

I imagine it must be the nightmare for every band when they see their album has been downloaded a lot and salenumbers stay low.
I'm no saint myself and i have seen the torrent of 'Mercy Falls' on a well-known site.I have to be honoust, the temptation was huge.......but i managed to control myself.
You are damn right MF will be purchased. I have ordered the limited edition on cdinzane so 'no pointing fingers taken'....

I just really want to stress how important it is to us that You actually buy the CD. If sales don't meet expectations, the plain and simple truth is that there will very likely be no more SW albums afterwards......
Please respect this, and regardless of whether you have or will donwload it anyway just because you can't stand the wait, I ask you to please support the band through buying the CD once it is released.

No more SW cd's.....that can't be happening. Hell, i'll buy two. I do have a car with a nice cd-player as well, right?

By the way, is there any new light/news regarding a (small) european tour?
**cough. ....Netherlands....cough** :p
Are you allready negotiating with bands/managers?

I am too soon again, right? :)

Greetz from me

I never downloaded anything from the net (except some PC games :rolleyes:) so it's not important to me, although I understand that it's important for the band.
It has to be also said that nowadays almost all the CDs goes fast under the guillotine of the illegal download. In this case it has happened quite soon.
Did the label send promos to magazines for reviews?

Sad but inevitable news. Jeff Loomis' solo album was leaked more than two months in advance, another victim to leaks. I got a question though: Any plans for digital distribution via Itunes or Snocap?

I guess I wouldn't be to upset if anyone couldn't bear to wait -as long as they buy it afterwards. But of course I recommend you to enjoy it in full audio quality and with the accompanying booklet.
-I had the same option when SyX released Paradise Lost, as a friend of mine had downloadet it, but I managed to restrain myself...
Anyway -as long as the album is purchased, you know..?

I have been told that the story perhaps isn't as easy to understand as me and Tommy thought! x-D
I hope the booklet will clarify some things...'

Squall45> Hmm. I don't really have an answer to that. Those kinda things are taken care of by the record company. I though we were on iTunes though??
We'll see I guess...

But of course I recommend you to enjoy it in full audio quality and with the accompanying booklet.

This IS the main reason for me to still buying cd's. I enjoy sitting in front of the stereo with the booklet in my hand, reading (and understanding all) the lyrics to the maximum and enjoying the best sound.
If the story is indeed a tough one to understand (like you said it yourself), the booklet will come to the rescue for sure. The whole package will make this cd/release a killer one!!

I though we were on iTunes though??
We'll see I guess...

Well you guys have Become on Itunes, that's where I got that. But Waiting in the Wings isn't there, at least when I checked a while back. I usually buy CDs online but this time I made the exception and ordered the WITW CD due to the fact that I enjoyed Become and wanted to listen to WITW. It doesn't really matter, if I don't see it pop up on Itunes soon I can just order the CD.

I am quite sure that all people who inhabit this forum plan to purchase the actual CD...

No question about it! I've already pre-ordered the limited edition... from a site I don't quite trust yet, but if something goes wrong I can just order from somewhere else.

Looking forward to flipping through the pages of this epic-to-be and seeing what's in store for us honest fans. :D Not to mention the DVD should definately increase appeal (for 1,000 people at least).

Oh I have a question though; any chance there's a piece on the DVD where the band discusses their interpretations on the story? If not, it's cool. But man, "Room V" from Shadow Gallery sure has my mind twisted. Really makes me wish I was somehow able to acquire their bonus material to get Carl's take on the story.

As far as the forum is concerned, I'm sure there isn't a single person here who would want to steal from the band whose released some quality foot-to-ass material. :kickass:

Yeah, perhaps -but you do make a good point. We should definitely be there.

I'll look into it!

Ah, never mind. I just checked and WITW is there. Except you guys are listed under R&B/ Soul, which is pretty funny. I love how Itunes can barley get genres right most of the time.

What? I thought this was the R&B Seventh Wonder...shit, I must be in the wrong forum!

;)

I admit I downloaded the album, because well, I download a lot of stuff :) However I also buy a lot of albums, and this will be no exception. I'll of course refrain from discussing the album till the release date, but let me just say that it is impressive, and I agree with Andreas when he says that it takes multiple listens to soak everything in...very true in this case.

I had the same option when SyX released Paradise Lost, as a friend of mine had downloadet it, but I managed to restrain myself.
Also impressive :D

There is a point in the video where I discuss the concept behind Mercy Falls. However, as people will get it at the same time they buy the CD i kept it on a very general level.

I really want people to try to work through the story on their own first. Try to piece things together, get a feel of their own for the people and the events.

Then eventually, should the need arise, I definitely plan to share my view on things -but certainly not yet...

I'll definitely order it, especially since a booklet can really enhance the listening experience of a concept album

Can anyone link me to a site where I can purchase the special addition of Mercy Falls? Preferably one that ships to Australia.
Thanks.

I used CDInzane. Thanks, JamesFan.

I noticed that Mercy Falls isn't on Amazon when I looked to order it there.

Just listening to Fall In Line on the radio.
Good stuff.

Checking out the website and ended up here, which I am a member (for Be'lakor).

Sadly I am a weak man too. Two things...

1. I've only listened to it once. But It's got the potential to be one of the best albums ever. EVER.

2. I immediately preordered the Deluxe edition direct from Lion music! In dollars rather than euros. It turned out £1 cheaper :loco:

What's on the DVD? I didnt really look... Edit: Just read the other thread. Personal stuff sounds interesting! I can't wait!!