Mesa/Boogie Roadster

Feb 21, 2006
Anybody know anything about these? They should be released this summer for about $1,900 from what the rumors say. The MB site states that it's a Road King without Progressive Linkage and a few other rear panel controls. You can see a combo version of it on the MB website. I've seen the pics of the head version from various NAMM photos. If anyone else can dig up some more info, that would be awesome.

This looks pretty badass. Just discovered it today on the Mesa site. I'm debating getting some kind of Dual Rectifier head or a TriAxis/2:90 as my next amp. Any recommendations?

The Roadster is basically the Roadking with less options... if you need a 4 channel amp, I suppose it'd be cool, but why not just spend the extra coin and get all the tube options, you know?

Shane, it depends on what you're going for. The Tri-Axis still can't cop a Recto tone, and excels at Mark-ish tones. It can get more aggressive than your run of the mill MKIV, for sure with one of it's lead channels, but it still won't have the complete apeshit balls-out sound of the Rectifier, nor will it have the grind and aggression.

If it's to layer with the 6505+ for recording, I'd say Recto. If it's for live playing or more versatility in tone, especially as far as cleans, lead, and mid-gained tons go, I'd go for the Tri-Axis.

+1, agreed 100%. I use to own a TriAxis+2:90 setup...it was cool, but there's a reason I don't have it anymore.

~e.a

What exactly do the removed things do? Progressive Linkage doesn't sound like the kind of thing that's going to make or break a $2500 tube head...

Jeff

Hey TheRiverFlowsFrozen already asked on here about this
http://ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=250463&highlight=roadster
anyway anybody didn't tried yet!
Seems really a good amp with a lot of choices.
Anyway my dual channel rectifier is totally fucking enough!
that's so fucking good having at home a dual recto as home practice amp ahhahahha and cranking it a little bit... fuck neighbours!:headbang: :kickass: :kickass:

Kazrog said:
Thanks, guys. I'm leaning towards the Dual Rectifier, although the versatility of the Road King is interesting.

For your type of music dual recto is the shit.
You know having a 5150 and now (2 months) a dual recto makes me think that:
1) 5150 the best amp so far for leads stuff
2) Dual recto is the ultimate crunch amp
Anyway a dual recto in the us doesn't cost really that much.

Kazrog said:
This looks pretty badass. Just discovered it today on the Mesa site. I'm debating getting some kind of Dual Rectifier head or a TriAxis/2:90 as my next amp. Any recommendations?

I own a triaxis & 2:90. I have worked on a long time on a dual rectifier that wasn't mine. Like everyone here, I would recommend the recto for recording. The triaxis+2:90 is still my favourite to practice and compose. Great sound at a low volume.

But if you don't own one already, get a krank too!

with a revolution 1, a recto and a 5150, you won't need to buy anything else to get the best guitar tone on this planet.

Now something that puzzles me: I read that the guitar tone on Nevermore's Enemies of Reality was done with a triaxis and a krank revolution 1. Sounds like the guy found how to make these sound together pretty well!

I can't rave enough about the live sound with a Roadking. Man, that amp is so fucking versatile. Pricey but worth it.

kaomao said:
anyway not a triaxis

for some reason I take it as good news.

Do you know some albums that were recorded using a triaxis? I think that some Symphony X releases were done with it, but the result is far from being perfect.

Originally posted by Kaomao
Why are engl so expensive in usa?
Man it's the same for our stuff in the Us, they build that shit there, so that's not imported stuff.
Imported stuff = customs to pay

Yes is a shitty world!! Now I suffer of G.A.S