Mesa/Boogie Roadster

There's probably not alot of love for 'em around here, but Metallica's Load and Reload are at least in part Triaxis, with a Mesa Strategy 400 power amp. Great tones and production on those records, if nothing else.

I can't remember any other Triaxis albums off the top of my head, other than Dreaming Neon Black and Images And Words.

kaomao said:
Why are engl so expensive in usa?
Man it's the same for our stuff in the Us, they build that shit there, so that's not imported stuff.
Imported stuff = customs to pay
How much is a Powerball or a Special Edition in your area?

Maybe we should buy stuff for each other and ship it overseas then! ;)

I doubt businesses pay more taxes and shipping costs than us, poor normal beings. I know this is part of the increased price but this cannot explain everything, there must be something else.

Like for example: how much do you guys pay in the US for a SM57? There are like 250$ here in Switzerland.

traintown said:
@miche - i don't know where you buy your ms57 - but i've never payed more than 170 CHF (about 130 USD) for one here in Switzerland...

haem, I've just checked and yeah, it seems the price of these should be 220chfr [180us$]. The SM58 is a little more expensive though: 250chfr.

I got mine for respectively 160chfr and 130chfr. But still, I think they are cheaper in the US, aren't they?

The Roadster is definitely nice, but considering that it is brand new and you won't find one used, I'd highly recommend checking out a used Roadking. The Progressive Linkage seems like overkill, but it is really useful for dialing in a variety of tones. The differing loops, as well as assignable cabinet outs is awesome.

The downside with the RK is that there are a ton of tubes to replace when you have to retube and the amp is pretty heavy / big.