Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier Head

Sonnenritter

Jul 31, 2002
Appalachia
www.myspace.com
I have about $1400 saved up and I want the Triple Rectifier. I've read that the thing has to be worked on a lot. Also that it is only good for a rhythm guitar. I'm playing thrash and black metal. Is this a good head for my needs? The only big complaints I've heard about this is from blues and prog metal musicians. Can anyone help me out if this is what I need or should I look for something else?

There is no real point for a triple rectifer solo head, it is much smarter to get the dual. The dual has a better distortion. And if you save up 100$ more you can get the boogie Mark 4 witch is the best out of all of them, you can get any sound out of the Mark 4, I personaly dont like Mesa Boogie Solo heads because its to Nu metal sounding, the mark 4 is realy good for real metal

It sounds too nu-metal? I've never really noticed anything wrong with nu-metal distortion, just what's being played through it. And if I'm not mistaken, Pat O'Brien of Cannibal Corpse uses the triple rectifier... such a nu-metal sound.

The triple xxx peavy is preaty bad, i think its the lowest peavy head in quality, its solid state. I would much rather have the Peavy Ultra Tube, or the peavy 5150.

Sonnen.. i think you toulk what i was saying the wrong way, i wasent critizising you, i was just saying the new Mesa Boogie Solo heads are meant to be played for Nu metal, same with the JCM 2000. If you want a good true metal tone go for the mark 4.

Originally posted by nergal_S
The triple xxx peavy is preaty bad, i think its the lowest peavy head in quality, its solid state. I would much rather have the Peavy Ultra Tube, or the peavy 5150.

No.. it's not solid state. It's a tube amp, though the stock tubes aren't very good. I've only heard one Peavey solid state head and it did suck. The only good solid state heads I've come across that I like are Crate's GX900H and GX2200H.