Mesa guitars..how they sound?

Tachy

Senior Fuckers
Dec 9, 2005
In Italy
This band tell me to reamp guitars with a theyr mesa's friend...this is the first experience for me to record this baby...but they give me only 10minutes to tweak the amp and record the DI guitars..........so I don't know if I have missed something.....how do you think of the guitar sound?ther's no bass track in the song...drums are all natural , only the kick was replaced.
Thanks!http://www.untouchablefeeling.net/mesa.mp3

Eek, WAY too low gain, and what the hell is that synth that comes in in the beginning, sounds like an 8-bit Nintendo noise or something :loco: Yeah, I'd say it needs TONS more gain, and a bit more presence (though the little lead lick thing that comes in at around 0:46 has too much presence IMO, and a sorta nasty tone that sounds like it might be coming from the pickup)

hahahah, thanks guys, thanks metaltastic....the guys tracked the guitars with a shitty guitar.

Eek, WAY too low gain, and what the hell is that synth that comes in in the beginning, sounds like an 8-bit Nintendo noise or something :loco: Yeah, I'd say it needs TONS more gain, and a bit more presence (though the little lead lick thing that comes in at around 0:46 has too much presence IMO, and a sorta nasty tone that sounds like it might be coming from the pickup)
2'nd listen at this i guess marcus is right.. the first time i listen to it through headphones:loco: it sound alot better

I don't think that guitars need more gain....but I'm agree with the nasty tone of the first lead lick

The pick up was a dimarzio fred, and the leads was tracked with the framus cobra.
I hate dimarzios in general, expecially if you put it in a shitty guitar!