Mesa Mini Recto

To be fair we use tubescreamers in front of almost every amp around here. So saying an amp is no good because it needs a tubescreamer in front of it is kinda a moot point surely?

Except the difference here is that the JCA needs the TS to sound like a metal amp, whereas the other amps people boost on this forum, do not.

Hmm.. looks to me that this was in direct response to this:

v3m.jpg

Definitely blew the pants off of the Transatlantic. And probably the only really full featured lunch box amp at the time. Of course assuming you dig the V3 sound.

Not that I know of :(

I think it was supposed to come out at the end of July, but still no word about it that I've heard? Figured it was going to be released after NAMM, but maybe people gave them some good ideas and they went back to revamp it a bit? Who knows.

Really want to check it out though. Last time I played the full version, I really loved the amp. Hopefully they'll go cheap on the used market and I can sell my original 5150 and pick up the III for better cleanssss! :D

I actually talked to a guy about this the other day, last they heard was that they are still tweaking models with EVH to make sure everything will sound great. Mostly on the clean channel i believe. Im on a waiting list for it though... can't wait.