Mesa Recto and 5150 Knobs

Feb 8, 2008
Ft Worth, TX
So I got a used 5150 a while back. Some of the knobs have been falling off and I need to get replacements.

I was thinking about getting some dome knobs for it, like the ones on the mesa dual rec's (possibly black powder coated). My question is are they a universal fit? I imagine since they are both American amps that it's very possible. If anyone has both of these amps, could you flip the knobs around just to see if this would work?

Also, anyone know what size I would need to look for if they aren't the same size?

Pull one off and measure? They have tightening screw/hexbolt or something in them to tighten anyways I'm pretty sure. I think anything but the chicken head knobs on a 5150 is sacrilege.

I agree. Just add bling.
P-300GLD.jpg

Haha, well eventually, I want to get some mesa grill cloth, put it over the metal grill on the front, and put the 5150 logo over that. That way it matches my recto cab, and makes my 5150 stand out a bit.

I just figured some dome knobs would add a nice touch as well. Plus, it won't be as easy for guitar noobs to steal my amazing settings :D