Mesa Standard vs Marshall 1960BV CABINET SHOOTOUT

Actually, i couldn't afford to keep both. I sold the Marshall! Honestly, I prefer the Mesa... but then again, I've only had the Mesa for a day & haven't completely found my favourite speaker or discovered all of it's sweet spots.... I had the Marshall for 2 1/2 years & knew exactly where to put the mics. Yes, the 4 on the Mesa all have very different sounds.

Again, the important part for me, anyway, is it is more in line as to what I'm looking for. The Mesa's certainly voiced differently than the Marshalls, that's for sure. Thanks for the clarification, DSS3, btw. The Marshall can be a bit pasty in the upper mids & I needed something smoother. That & the Mesa needs way less EQ which is something to consider.

Anyway, thanks for the comments, guys!

both good sounds, but I prefer the marshall too here, the mesa sounds a bit mechanical, the marshall is dirtier and rawer.

but they are both cool cabs who have their own thing going on, absolutely.

Have you tried a 1960B with greenbacks yet ?

Wow.. that's 10-5 for the Marshall.... I'd like to try this test again a few months down the road once I've got the Mesa completely figured out. FWIW, I've got a lot of Death Metal projects coming up & I think it'll work a little better.

lol. was obscuring your 5150 settings completely necessary? hahaha.

i find that too funny.

Anyways, I'm hearing the Mesa to sit in the mix way better than the marshall. Solo'd I'd choose the Marshall for it's bite but it's too much in to the mix. I can imagine it fighting with the vocals/cymbals too much.

Cheers for the shootout dude! Very insightful.

lol. was obscuring your 5150 settings completely necessary? hahaha.

i find that too funny.

Anyways, I'm hearing the Mesa to sit in the mix way better than the marshall. Solo'd I'd choose the Marshall for it's bite but it's too much in to the mix. I can imagine it fighting with the vocals/cymbals too much.

Cheers for the shootout dude! Very insightful.

Ahahhah you're the second guy to notice that..... actually, in this case, yes. Not so much for the forum regulars, but the leeches. I've finally got this 5150 dialed in right & I'd just like to keep it to myself for the time being.

Anyway, what you're saying in regards to the cabinets is pretty much what I was thinking. The Marshall can be an absolute cunt in a mix. Whereas the Mesa has that 'slick' sound I've been looking for.

-0z