Metal 2015

Not particularly dude, I do like Atheist, Demilich, Disincarnate and some others sparingly.
See the biggest problem for me with technical Death Metal and brutal Death Metal is, as is probably obvious by now, that I'm massively anal about production and it just so happens that these bands push forward production value along with their music and I just can't bear cleanly produced/over-produced Death Metal or any other underground style.

I feel you. I've come to realize that production is indeed make or break for for a lot of people. I mean dont get me wrong, i care too ... just not as much ;)

Not tech-death, but do you like Pyschostasia from Adramelech? Every time i think of finish death metal, that album comes to mind. Might just be the best thing to ever come out of that country ... outside of the Molotov cocktail and their fine ass women.

-----------------------

New Skepticism. Not a fan of these guys, but i know a lot of other people here are ...

Last edited by a moderator:
I happen to worship a lot of what comes out of Finland, everything Sami Hynninen and Kimi Karki has ever done, Beherit, Impaled Nazarene, Demilich, Adramalech, Unholy, Thergothon, Initiated, Stumm, Semtex, Convulse, Ranger, Swallowed (full length was a letdown though) etc.
Pyschostasia is fucking great, I think I'd have to agree with you there, I really can't think of a Finnish Death Metal album I like more.
Nespithe is a contender though.

Nice. Adramelech, Demilich and Convulse would be at the top of my list as far as Finnish DM goes. Beherit and Impaled Nazarene have some good stuff, although i haven't listened to the latter in years. Im gonna need to check out the rest of the bands you mentioned. Good lookin' :kickass:

edit: fist Amorphis album deserves to be mentioned too, but definitely not as filthy as any of the bands mentioned.

Oh yeah shit, totally blanked on Amorphis.

Impaled Nazarene are actually a top ten Black Metal band for me, I'm quite a huge fan.
Do you know any Finnish Thrash Metal by chance?