Metal 2015

New Ghost Bath isn't too bad

I have only listened to it once, but I just found it all a bit derivative to be honest. If you like Sunbather and want an album that sounds very much like it, but with a whinier vocalist then it will probably fit the bill.

"George Kollias, the exceptional Greek drum progeny and NILE percussionist, will release his solo album debut, "Invictus" on May 18 via Season Of Mist

A track from the CD, "Shall Rise/Shall Be Dead", can be streamed using the SoundCloud widget below.

Kollias comments: "My song 'Shall Rise/Shall Be Dead' hits home at the 260bpm range. It is not too easy, but a lot of fun to play and one of my favourites from my album. I really like that tempo range, which I always thought fits my drumming style well, but I also love the aggression that comes out of this song. It is not just the drumming that does it, but the riffs... the vocals…. or all as one.

"The percussion is really important for 'Shall Rise' and the rest of album as well. I spent plenty of time to find exactly what fits each composition. For this song, I went with big war drums to make it as epic as possible!

"I am very happy how this song turned out exactly how I envisioned it while writing. Yet having George Emmanuel from ROTTING CHRIST adding a guitar solo made this one of my personal highlights. George nailed it!"

Regarding "Invictus", the drummer, who is regarded as one of the world's best by his peers, previously said: "This solo project contains exactly what the word 'solo' describes: one musician writing all music and lyrics as well as performing all the instruments, while inviting some guests to join.

"At first, I composed some songs in order to support my two drum DVDs, but thanks to the support and demand from all the fans out there, it turned into a full album over time.

"I can honestly say the only reason I have recorded this album is the fans asked for this to happen. I am happy that I did it and more excited than ever for the future of this project! I enjoyed recording it more than anything.

"I have got some great plans for my project. I want to get out there and play this album live as soon as possible too! I also had to pleasure to have some really important guests, which made this album even more special to me. I guarantee that this is only the beginning!!"

Most of the songs on "Invictus" were recorded in between the touring breaks of NILE.

The album contains eleven tracks and four bonus songs and features some of the best musicians on this planet delivering guest solos. Two amazing vocalists make an appearance on the bonus tracks."

georgekolliasinvictuscd.jpg

Awesome :kickass:

April releases:

01.04 Undersmile - Anhedonia
01.04 Neoheresy - Talionis
03.04 Halestorm - Into The Wild Life
03.04 Agnostic Front - The American Dream Died
03.04 Sulphur Aeon - Gateway To The Antisphere
04.04 Acrassicauda - Gilgamesh
06.04 Skyforger - Senprūsija
06.04 Mythological Cold Towers - Monvmenta Antiqva
07.04 Minsk - The Crash & The Draw
07.04 Royal Thunder - Crooked Doors
07.04 Wilderun - Sleep At The Edge Of The Earth
07.04 Oshiego - Crossing The Bridge Of Siraat
07.04 Byzantine - To Release Is To Resolve
10.04 Anekdoten - Until All The Ghosts Are Gone
10.04 The Grotesquery - Curse Of The Skinless Bride
10.04 NettleCarrier - Black Coffin Rites
10.04 Kotiteollisuus - Kruuna / Klaava
10.04 Ghost Bath - Moonlover
11.04 Christgrinder - Whence Cometh Evil?
13.04 Dopethrone - Hochelaga
13.04 Ossian - Lélekerő
13.04 Zatokrev - Silk Spiders Underwater...
13.04 Seigmen - Enola
13.04 Sacred Blood - Argonautica
14.04 Outre - Ghost Chants
14.04 Acid King - Middle Of Nowhere, Center Of Everywhere
14.04 Bosse-De-Nage - All Fours
15.04 Frantic Amber - Burning Insight
15.04 Obsidian Sea - Dreams, Illusions, Obsessions
17.04 Forgotten Tomb - Hurt Yourself And The Ones You Love
17.04 Nocternity - Harps Of The Ancient Temples
17.04 Gruesome - Savage Land
17.04 Infernal War - Axiom
17.04 Apocalyptica - Shadowmaker
20.04 Khors - Night Falls Onto The Fronts Of Ours
20.04 Shining - IX - Everyone, Everything, Everywhere, Ends
20.04 Kontinuum - Kyrr
20.04 The Prestige - Amer
20.04 Tysondog - Cry Havoc
20.04 Tribulation - The Children Of The Night
20.04 Chaos Echœs - Transient
20.04 4Arm - Survivalist
20.04 Drudkh - A Furrow Cut Short
21.04 Tony MacAlpine - Concrete Gardens
21.04 Abiotic - Casuistry
22.04 Raven - ExtermiNation
22.04 Hardcore Superstar - HCSS
23.04 Psychonaut 4 - Dipsomania
24.04 David Shankle Group - Still A Warrior
24.04 Nomans Land - Last Crusade
24.04 Unleashed - Dawn Of The Nine
24.04 Heathen Foray - Into Battle
24.04 Nightrage - The Puritan
24.04 Ereb Altor - Nattramn
24.04 Iron Savior - Megatropolis 2.0
24.04 Lustre - Blossom
25.04 Les Chants De Nihil - Armor
27.04 Seyminhol - The Wayward Son
27.04 Arena - The Unquiet Sky
27.04 Dawn Of Azazel - The Tides Of Damocles
27.04 Glittertind - Blåne For Blåne
27.04 Kommandant - The Architects Of Extermination
28.04 Bell Witch - Four Phantoms
28.04 Monolord - Vænir
28.04 Fister - IV
28.04 Secret Sphere - A Time Never Come - 2015 Edition
29.04 Cain's Offering - Stormcrow
30.04 Project Pain - Thrashed To Kill
30.04 Djevel - Saa Raa Og Kald

Wow this band really turned to shit. :erk:
The title track reigns supreme but it seems to be a grower. Definitely not as immediate as the previous records, the OSDM bits seem a bit too cut-and-paste most of the time though.

Looking forward to that Wilderun album, the song they released is very promising.