Metal 2015

I'm too lazy to rank mine and I haven't kept myself updated on new releases this year but here we go.

Cut Up - Forensic Nightmares
Corrosive Carcass - Forsaken Lands
Marduk - Frontschwein
Nile - What Should Not Be Unearthed
Gruesome - Savage Land
Sulphur Aeon - Gateway to the Antisphere
Grave - Out of Respect For the Dead
Wilderun - Sleep at the Edge of the Earth
Jungle Rot - Order Shall Prevail
Chapel of Disease - The Mysterious Ways of Repetitive Art

Edit: spelling

Last edited:
Here's my current top 10. Doesn't look like there's going to be much changes anymore, though November still gave some serious life to this list.

1. Amorphis - Under the Red Cloud
2. Wilderun - Sleep at the Edge of the Earth
3. Pressure Points - False Lights
4. Anomalie - Refugium
5. Paradise Lost - The Plague Within
6. Cain's Offering - Stormcrow
7. Elder - Lore
8. Chaos Divine - Colliding Skies
9. Turbid North - Eyes Alive
10. Leprous - The Congregation

Finally got around to skimming through my lists. Here's my top 20 of 2015 so far:

Skeletal Remains - Condemned to Misery
Vhol - Deeper Than Sky
Hatchet - Fear Beyond Lunacy
Black Fast - Terms of Surrender
Ufomammut - Ecate
Black Breath - Slaves Beyond Death
Mendel - Oblivion
Symphony X - Underworld
Gorod - A Maze of Recycled Creeds
Sadist - Hyaena
Chapel of Disease - The Mysterious Ways of Repetitive Art
Velaraas - The Gilded Age
Gama Bomb - Untouchable Glory
Sycamyre - Sycamyre
Vampire - Cimmerian Shade
Leprous - The Congregation
Satyrasis - ...Of The Dead
Dystopian - A Renaissance of Thought
Exarsis - The Human Project
Droid - Disconnected

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Ironsword - None But The Brave
Nocternity - Harps Of The Ancient Temples
Iron Kobra - Might & Magic
Visigoth - The Revenant King
Deathhammer - Evil Power
Merciless Death - Taken Beyond
Uruk-Hai ‎– Elbenstahl
Macabre Omen - Gods Of War - At War
Black Force - Spirit Of Ancient Writings
Terminus - The Reaper's Spiral

Honourable mention:

Grime - Circle Of Molesters
Bulldozing Bastard - Under The Ram

Last edited:
Solid lists, everyone. I'm going to check out a lot of these that I didn't get around to this year.

Hey @Baroque if you like the Symphony X album you should definitely check out the new Pyramaze that came out earlier in the yaer. IMO it's far superior. Excellent progressive metal from a band that managed to reinvent themselves yet again but not lose any intensity or emotion in their song writing.

Reactions: Baroque
Forgot to mention the new Ares Kingdom, it's hard to pick a favourite album of theirs because it's all great but this is probably it solely because of the improvement in the production, also the last Deathhammer.
Also Zombi has a new one called 'Shape Shift' which I'll have to get.

I tried pyramaze after seeing it mentioned several times before. Way too poppy for me- are their non music video tracks better?

I haven't seen any of their music videos so I have no idea. I don't know what you listened to either. They've changed lineups a lot. Generally speaking, fans correctly point to their debut as the best. They had a singer, Lance King, who did a great job on that album. Same lineup for the second album but it's not quite as strong, though still good. Then some guys left (King included) and They got Matt Barlow for one record, which was a good idea in theory but it just wasn't the same. Their new album that came out this year is I think written and performed by an entirely new lineup save one original member (could be wrong). It's a great record...heavy, dark melodies, great songs...

Guys, how's the newest Maiden album? I didn't bother to give it a spin and I don't really know why, I only heard Speed of Light but it didn't really impress me.