Metal 2017

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.jpg

ya i didn't put much effort or thought into that post lol. lewis' was a killer knockout fo sho, just murderous.

i feel like we've had this convo before but i'm inclined to think he was the most complete heavyweight ever at his best. his only issue seemed to be lack of focus/prep/whatever on occasion, maybe an ego thing, but eh nobody's perfect. hijacking this thread to talk about boxing sry guys

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
I just read what the song is about and now the lyrics and video make a lot more sense. Killer song.

"The idea for the song came from a particularly chilling detail found at Hiroshima and Nagasaki; when the atomic bombs went off the shadows of people whose bodies were vaporized still remain burned onto the walls and the ground where they once stood. To me, this is goddamn horrifying. I thought- "What if the souls of those dead remain trapped in the shadows?"

The idea was to have the song written from a future where civilization has failed, the Earth is in ruins and the few remaining survivors live a horrible existence. The untold millions of shadows from this future, burnt into stone, look back at us in the present time and judge us for bringing about the apocalypse that, though we saw it coming, we did nothing to avoid."
At Oak Ridge National Laboratories (ORNL) they had (in the 90's) a part of a museum tour that talked about the A-bomb. I believe there was a section on the tour where you could simulate the shadows "being burned" onto the walls via some photoflash and special coating on the wall. It was super creepy. I think that was at ORNL..or the Smithsonian..or Ripleys Believe It or Not, or Dollywood..can't remember exactly.

Reactions: Baroque
At Oak Ridge National Laboratories (ORNL) they had (in the 90's) a part of a museum tour that talked about the A-bomb. I believe there was a section on the tour where you could simulate the shadows "being burned" onto the walls via some photoflash and special coating on the wall. It was super creepy. I think that was at ORNL..or the Smithsonian..or Ripleys Believe It or Not, or Dollywood..can't remember exactly.
You know some dude was working late and put a silhouette on the wall of himself holding his dick.

Reactions: Evil Dead

I could swear I've seen that exhibit somewhere also. Can't remember where. I think it was in l.a.

New Mastodon track is pretty sweet. Definitely stoked.

Finally got around to listening to this. Sounds similar to Crack the Skye and Blood Mountain, which means I'm fucking pumped.

lol. Fuck their preorder prices though. $55 for a tshirt and double vinyl?

Reactions: AllShallFall