Metal 2017

it's better than most of the shit hipster publications praise honestly, including that bowie album everyone's been jerking over just 'cause he croaked. beyonce's definitely at the creative and emotionally charged end of the plastic pop spectrum, whatever that's worth.
Bowie's last album was superb, and I'd say that without hesitation were he still alive too. And Beyonce having a better record than Blackstar? Not in a million years.

Bowie's last album was superb, and I'd say that without hesitation were he still alive too. And Beyonce having a better record than Blackstar? Not in a million years.

haha, i do think it's pretty bad but i was also being deliberately provocative there. to be less controversial, i'd say precious navel-gazing shit like bon iver is worse than that beyonce album, as is quite a bit of hipster-approved metal these days. fortunately i haven't kept up with the hyped stuff this year so i can't confidently name a bunch of inferior stuff on that list, but going by previous years i'm sure it's there.

That Blackstar album was overhyped just because of the fact he died. A couple of preceding albums didn't get so much hype, note that.

i think it was mostly overhyped because he wrote it when he knew he was dying and was clearly exploring his own mortality thematically and then died straight after. people love musical goodbyes. i do too sometimes, but not in this case.

The Haunted is working on a new album and they say it will be more dynamic than Exit Wounds, I hope that includes Marcos vocals but I guess that is too much to hope for. Fuck I miss Dolving.

Talking about Dolving, looks like he will release something with IAmFire.