Metal 2017

Sodom is still solid.

Augury has supposedly been recording over the past year. Hoping maybe something comes out in 2017. Been far too long since Fragmentary Evidence.

Cheers for the heads up Krow.

About thrash, is there even an old guard thrash band still making music today that is worth buying over a younger thrash band? Not fucking likely, I'll take everybody's word on Sodom but shit that's just one band and they were always fucking sharp.

Who else? And no scraping-the-bottom examples.

voivod are coming back to form, their EP is legit one of the best releases of the year. can't think of much else. it's the same situation in most genres though.

voivod are coming back to form, their EP is legit one of the best releases of the year. can't think of much else. it's the same situation in most genres though.

You think so? Thrash seems to be the worst if that's the case. I can think of a fair few old guard black and death metal bands still releasing albums I'm keen to buy over newer shit, not to mention doom metal.

Voïvod are a good example though, mad geniuses!

You think so? Thrash seems to be the worst if that's the case. I can think of a fair few old guard black and death metal bands still releasing albums I'm keen to buy over newer shit, not to mention doom metal.

well i do find a lot of hyped new releases from older bands are disappointments across all genres, but yeah i reckon you're right thinking about it.