Metal 2017

Hey, can you list like 20 of you favourite albums of all time? I'm curious.

Sure, I'll just list metal though, just off the top and in no order:

1. Impetigo - Ultimo Mondo Cannibale
  2. Pestilence - Consuming Impulse
  3. Lobotomized - Norwegian Trash
  4. Endwarfment - The Paralympik Sessions
  5. Voïvod - Dimension Hatröss
  6. Repulsion - Horrified
  7. O.L.D. - Old Lady Drivers
  8. Carcass - Symphonies Of Sickness
  9. Metallica - Ride The Lightning
  10. Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus
  11. Manowar - Hail To England
  12. Scald - The Will Of The Gods Is Great Power
  13. Sadistik Exekution - The Magus
  14. Saint Vitus - Saint Vitus
  15. Bathory - Hammerheart
  16. Slough Feg - Atavism
  17. Autopsy - Shitfun
  18. Abscess - Seminal Vampires And Maggot Men
  19. Wastelander - Wardrive
  20. Manilla Road - Metal

Sure, I'll just list metal though, just off the top and in no order:

1. Impetigo - Ultimo Mondo Cannibale
  2. Pestilence - Consuming Impulse
  3. Lobotomized - Norwegian Trash
  4. Endwarfment - The Paralympik Sessions
  5. Voïvod - Dimension Hatröss
  6. Repulsion - Horrified
  7. O.L.D. - Old Lady Drivers
  8. Carcass - Symphonies Of Sickness
  9. Metallica - Ride The Lightning
  10. Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus
  11. Manowar - Hail To England
  12. Scald - The Will Of The Gods Is Great Power
  13. Sadistik Exekution - The Magus
  14. Saint Vitus - Saint Vitus
  15. Bathory - Hammerheart
  16. Slough Feg - Atavism
  17. Autopsy - Shitfun
  18. Abscess - Seminal Vampires And Maggot Men
  19. Wastelander - Wardrive
  20. Manilla Road - Metal

I predicted more heavy/doom. Also surprised no Sign of the Hammer!

I predicted more heavy/doom. Also surprised no Sign of the Hammer!

I basically just rattled off 20, it's not my ultimate top 20 or anything.

Sign Of The Hammer is a good album, but it's no Hail To England, though it does have some of their best tunes it's also coupled with some of their cheesiest and dumbest, which makes for a pretty lopsided album.

I always found them equal, definitely above Into Glory Ride and Fighting the World and I'm not very familiar with Battle Hymns so I can't really say whether it's an inferior album to those two.

What are the cheesy songs on SotH? I'm not really fond of Thor and The Oath but that's all.

Sodom is still releasing solid shit right now as far as new thrash goes. Kreator and Destruction are currently pathetic.

How come that producer Andy Sneep does not like drums.

I always found them equal, definitely above Into Glory Ride and Fighting the World and I'm not very familiar with Battle Hymns so I can't really say whether it's an inferior album to those two.

What are the cheesy songs on SotH? I'm not really fond of Thor and The Oath but that's all.

Equal? No way in hell, though I respect your opinion because clearly you care enough to have one and I love Manowar.

To me, the tracks that weaken the overall quality of Sign Of The Hammer are "Animals" and "All Men Play On 10" which is a funny, cheesy song but when placed next to utter metal majesty like "Mountains" it just tarnishes my experience. Instrumentally it's not even that enjoyable.

But if "Thor (The Powerhead)" is one of the album's weaker tracks for you then I doubt we'll see eye-to-eye on this, because that's easily one of Manowar's best tracks ever.

what is this blasphemous INTO GLORY RIDE dissing. clearly a candidate for their best work
No chance mate. Clearly inferior album to both two successive albums.

I put it on par with Sign Of The Hammer, though with a slight edge over it for consistency.

after the first song it's mostly killer. the other two are great as well but i've no idea why anyone would think it's 'clearly inferior'. i notice it has the lowest RYM rating of their first four but my highest friends' rating, heh.

It's because they tried too hard to make all the songs epic, my fav of that album is Secret of Steel and every other track is average and Hatred is certainly below par. It was difficult for me to sit out the whole album whereas I was enjoying SotH and HtE to the last minutes of the record.