Metal 2017

I do but I didn't see this. That sounds awesome, but I don't know if or when I'll be buying their new album. I'm hoping it comes out on cassette, I heard whispers that Headsplit Records may be handling that end of it.

My new project. Listen loud and drink a thousand beers!

*Smoke a thousand beers
Also, not bad. Not bad at all. Is it purchasable anywhere? I love the janky sound of the drums, and the odd sound of the vocals combined with that and the drive of the guitar gives it an almost punk rock sound in addition to the doom metal. Rock on, motherfucker, I'd be cool with you as an opening band. Certainly beats the fuck out of a lot of the local metal bands that open bigger shows 'round here.

New Decrepit Birth. I'm definitely not a tech death guy but I remember liking these guys a lot back in the day, probably their brutal/slam sound mixed with the tech stuff...

I didnt expect the vocals to be so brutal death but they definitely are. Big lurching slam breakdown in the middle too. This is out on Nuclear Blast in the US which is usually cancer but I noticed its actually on Agonia Records so maybe it wont suffer from NBs shortcomings...

New one from Orden Ogan, fucking love these guys, have yet to listen to a bad album by them. Curious to what this one will be like.

3rd single off of the new Iced Earth and IMO this one sounds like the Iced Earth of old. So far i've liked 2 of the 3 singles.

Last edited:
Reactions: Evil Dead
*Smoke a thousand beers
Also, not bad. Not bad at all. Is it purchasable anywhere? I love the janky sound of the drums, and the odd sound of the vocals combined with that and the drive of the guitar gives it an almost punk rock sound in addition to the doom metal. Rock on, motherfucker, I'd be cool with you as an opening band. Certainly beats the fuck out of a lot of the local metal bands that open bigger shows 'round here.

Working on some tapes and shit here in the near future. I'll keep you informed.

Reactions: CiG
Sinister - Syncretism
(Legendary occult death metal band from the Netherlands.)

Gravesite - Neverending Trail of Skulls
(Raw, old school Italian death metal.)

Lifeless - The Occult Mastery
(Ruthless death metal from Germany.)

Jordablod - Liberator of Eden
(Swedish black metal.)

Skulls - Putrid Beauty
(Californian deathly doom metal.)

Morphugoria - Part III
(Russian death/doom.)

Abuse - I'm so Horny...
(Hilarious grinding Canadian brutal death metal.)

Cult of Sorrow - Ascension
(American psychedelic doom rock.)

Riivaus - Lyöden Taudein Ja Kirouksin
(Satanic black metal from Finland.)

Hermóðr - Under frusen älv
(Very atmospheric Swedish black metal, moderately paced and enchanting.)

Darkreverie - Lupus
(Swiss ambient black/death metal.)

Haemophagus - Captured from Above
(Italian deathgrind.)

Infected Transistor - Sit on it and Rotate
(Nonsensical Australia sludge metal weirdos.)

Integrity - Serpent of the Crossroads
(Legendary American metallic hardcore band, quality as usual.)

18664581_1542428465776060_7083983325812323242_n.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Krow
New track from Dark Sky Choir:

Their CD just came out and is a real fun listen. Great riffs, killer vocals, even a Scorpions cover. Their guitarist and producer also plays with The Wizards of Winter. Chris Caffery (Savatage) and Mike Pinnella (Symphony X) guest on it

18739752_1410708572323543_4235784507666324112_n.jpg

Last edited:
I mean, it sounded like nothing but chugs. I'll blame it on the live recording so I'm curious to hear the finished project before I claim it's any worse than "Heretic"

:)

This live set of MA looks outrageously weird tho. I mean, it's great for the lovers of the Tucker era, but it's really odd to go to the MA gig and not witness Chapel of Ghouls.

1. Summoning Redemption
2. Bil Ur-Sag
3. I
4. Warped
5. Nothing is Not
6. To the Victor of Spoils
7. Cleansed in Pestilence (Blade of Elohim)
8. Prayer of Hatred
9. Covenant of Death
10. Praise the Strength
------------
11. He Who Sleeps
12. Ageless, Still I Am
13. Umulamahri