Metal 2018

Yep, definitely don't care.

Nedry.jpg

Loving this year so far! Normally I'm struggling to think of a solid top 5 albums mid-way in, but I'm already up big on strong contenders for my top 10 of the year list. All of these are at least an 8.5/10 for me. The only big disappointments so far are Summoning and Visigoth. Neither did much for me TBH. I'm not sold on the new Sleep either, but I think it has room to grow.

• Urfaust
  • Necrophobic
  • Bong
  • Drudkh + Windswept
  • Onirism
  • Varathron
  • Sunnata
  • Trna
  • Ihsahn

Rats? I thought that one was fine. I know a lot of people are butthurt about the michael jackson ripoff video.

No not Rats, I think Rats is ok, a bit repetetive.
The new one is Dance Macabre! I couldnt wait so I listened to it and I like it more than Rats at the moment. Sure its pop but I dont care, its good.

A new really good album from Uada!
Edit: After my first few spins my impression is that its better than the first one which got lots of praises.

Last edited:
Loving this year so far! Normally I'm struggling to think of a solid top 5 albums mid-way in, but I'm already up big on strong contenders for my top 10 of the year list. All of these are at least an 8.5/10 for me. The only big disappointments so far are Summoning and Visigoth. Neither did much for me TBH. I'm not sold on the new Sleep either, but I think it has room to grow.

• Urfaust
  • Necrophobic
  • Bong
  • Drudkh + Windswept
  • Onirism
  • Varathron
  • Sunnata
  • Trna
  • Ihsahn

Giving the new Urfaust a spin, interesting stuff!
I never gave them much interest before.

Reactions: Draehl