Metal 2020

Listen up, you stinking maggots! New ND track. The whole album is very good as well. This one, however, took me completely by surprise. Check it out.

Not really liking what I've heard from the album so far (the other 3 tracks already released), but they're going in a bit of a new direction so I wasn't expecting it to be an album for me.

What other tracks are you talking about? The only song that had been out prior to this moment was Backlash Just Because. Maybe you mean the tracks from the Logic Ravaged by Brute Force EP. And this is not really like a new direction for them. The last LP contained a couple of their most experimental tracks to date. This one, Amoral, is quite surprising, but in my eyes, it constitutes a great addition to the sheer aggression and restlessness of the album. I'm sure you will enjoy it in the end.

And, if I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty certain you were a Killing Joke fan, and this track is quite reminiscent of their sound.

Yeah it's like a Killing Joke track with annoying production, and vocals that don't really fit it. Not really feeling it, would much rather listen to a good Killing Joke song lol. The band themselves said it was a newer direction for them, but sure it's not like they pulled this out of nowhere, they've been slowly going this way since the last album.

But yeah you're right I was thinking of "Logic Ravaged by Brute Force." I'll still check it out once it's released, but my hopes aren't high. I liked "Backlash Just Because" a lot more than that new one though.

Last few Napalm Death were garbage for me. Utilitarian and Time Waits were pretty good, listened to this a lot. Little hope at this point.

Reactions: CiG
Last few Napalm Death were garbage for me. Utilitarian and Time Waits were pretty good, listened to this a lot. Little hope at this point.

Last few? Utilitarian and Time Waits for No Slave were released before their 2015's album, Apex Predator - Easy Meat, which happens to be their most recent LP. Which last few are you talking about?

Calm your sore ass, thought Coded pap Smears was an album. Guess it’s just a comp of post 2000 rare tracks. Still sucks.

Calm your sore ass, thought Coded pap Smears was an album. Guess it’s just a comp of post 2000 rare tracks. Still sucks.

Indeed, it's just a comp of their b-sides and other shit. I'm not sore, although I'm an ND fanboy, have to admit that :tickled:. I just want to tell you that the album is great in its entirety, and that you should wait for it to drop to have an accurate judgment on it. In my eyes it's a slight improvement from what could be heard on Apex. I, for one, love it when ND experiments a little bit.

Kicked my ass really hard yesterday when I heard it for the first time. Remarkable black metal with some otherworldly vocals. It's Icelandic, of course - which country could spawn such an incredible band if not the land of ice itself?