Metal 2020

107724561_1220818428259894_1891983370643682501_o.jpg
We are pleased to announce the Legendry release in EP format:

Heavy Metal Adventure!

Following up on The Wizard and the Tower Keep, and returning now as a duo, Kicker and Vidarr have crafted an EP consisting of three cover songs and a new original composition, with Phil Ell Ross joining forces on bass guitar as a session player. Once again, we are honored to have the mastering wizardry of Arthur Rizk rounding out the sound of this EP.

Set for a release on September 4th, we have teamed up with Hoove Child Records for a limited cassette edition and woven patch. For other formats, we have signed on with ZYX/GoldenCore Records for a 12” vinyl edition, and a special CD including the EP and re-mastered versions of our Initiation Rituals demo (plus unreleased outtakes).

As we approach the pre-order date, we will reveal details regarding our cover choices, and a special look into the process by which our cover paintings are created.

Tracklisting:
1. Anvil of Crom (Basil Poledouris)
2. Metal (Manilla Road)
3. Broadsword (Jethro Tull)
4. Heavy Metal Adventure

Personnel:
Vidarr: Electric and Acoustic Guitar, Vocals, Piccolo Bass, Hammond Organ, Mellotron, Taiko Drum, Synthesizer, Swords
Kicker: Drums, Percussion, Necromancy
Phil Ross IV: 4 String Bass

Engineered and mixed by Vidarr
Mastered by Arthur Rizk
Cover Art by Vidarr

We hope this message finds you all well, and we invite you to join us on a Heavy Metal Adventure!

Reactions: Master_Yoda77
He's such a fucking weirdo, but I love Absu, er... Apsu. Whatever...

Proscriptor McGovern’s Apsû

PROSCRIPTOR MCGOVERN’S APSÛ Signs With Agonia Records: New Album To Be Announced In Late 2020
Agonia Records today confirms the signing of the new, Texas-based “mythological occult metal” act Proscriptor McGovern’s Apsû. The debut/self-titled album’s release date is to be announced in the latter portion of 2020.
When drummer/vocalist Proscriptor (Russ R. Givens) dissolved Absu on January 27th 2020, his main intention was to splinter the 30-year old faction into a renewed songwriting concord. Proscriptor McGovern’s Apsû is the obvious by-product of that chemical breakdown and securing the ranks is continuing bassist/vocalist Ezezu and new guitar virtuoso Vaggreaz.
Proscriptor says of the resurgence: “I want people to know that I disbanded Absu to form Proscriptor McGovern’s Apsû with underpinning intention, despite the inclusion of my name, as an armorial bearing to pay tribute to the former sanctuary. I do not consider myself the band’s leader, but more of an administrator. I may be an oppressive commissioner, but Proscriptor McGovern’s Apsû is an equal, collective unit.”
Proscriptor continues regarding the album’s lyrical approach: “This album is written for those who are curious and unwearied in their quest of arcane knowledge. I have (with vast exertion and detriment of time and space) collected knowledge deemed, in regard to my subject theories of ‘mythological occult metal:’ from Thelemic Magick and The Zos Vel Thanatos Formula to Fractal Ontology and
(obviously) Near East Mythology.”
The album is being chronicled at studios around the world with final mixing being handled in Dallas, Texas by J.T. Longoria and mastering by Karl Daniel Lidén in Sweden. The album also features guest appearances from Vorskaath (Zemial), Ross Friedman (Ross The Boss), Jeff Becerra (Possessed), Rune Eriksen (Aura Noir/Vltimas), Alex Colin-Tocquaine (Agressor) and The Dark (Agatus). To assemble the album’s packaging with ten separate portrait illustrations, the band has re-commissioned the expertise of renowned Polish artist Zbigniew Bielak.
Final track listing for “Proscriptor McGovern’s Apsû” is:
I. Amenta: Accelerando: Azyn including Hierophantasmal Expounder
II. Esoterically Excoriating The Exoteric
III. Quasaric Pestilence
IV. Mirroracles
V. In-Betweeness Gateway Commuters
VI. Jupiter In Capricornus
VII. Dedicated To Thoth, But Azathoth Wasn’t Listening (A Necroloquy)
VIII. Caliginous Whorl
IX. The Coagulating Respite
X. Prana: Therion: Akasha
XI. Tantrums Of Azag-Kkû
XII. Every Watchtower Within Is The Axis Of A Watchtower Without including Totemic Thresholds

PROSCRIPTOR MCGOVERN’S APSÛ is:
Proscriptor McGovern – Drums/Percussion, Lyricism, Maestro Echoplex, Papago Flute, (Analogue & Digital) Synthesizers & Voices (1st Person Protagonist)
Vaggreaz – Electric Lead, Rhythm & Acoustic Guitar (2nd Person Inquisitor)
Ezezû – Electric Bass Guitar, Implements & Voices (3rd Person Omniscient)

Reactions: CiG
VILELP876.jpg
The new, third album of unreleased vintage cult metal from the classic solo project created by Darkthrones Fenriz. Isengard initially started in 1989 by Fenriz - one the key driving forces behind Norwegian legends Darkthrone. Under the Isengard moniker, Fenriz released 2 albums encapsulating doom, death, black & Folk/Viking metal in the shape of 'Vinterskugge' & 'Høstmørke', & finally we welcome the third addition to this cult project. This new series of tracks - which were thought to be lost - Everything performed and engineered by Fenriz himself all recorded between 1989 & 1993 using the infamous Necrohell Studios. The booklet includes liner notes from Fenriz explaining the origins of the release, the recording process, & some background into his influences at the time. Vinyl.

Link.